*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  New User Interface
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3 ... 6
: do you like it?
yes   -17 (53.1%)
no   -2 (6.3%)
yes and no   -13 (40.6%)
: 29

: New User Interface  ( 41331 )
bobbler

« : June 15, 2010, 01:52:16 PM »

Do you like it or not?  It's going to take some getting used to.

It's much cleaner and brighter, but I do prefer the online people in a row down the left side of the screen instead of in little boxes on the right.  It was much easier to find online people the old way.  And we do have new backgrounds to choose from.

Other than that, I don't really see many differences.  The room looks to be the same except for the directional controls.
anaanas
: 12

« #1 : June 15, 2010, 01:54:11 PM »

i like it^^ ,the graphics seems better  ::)
bouli

« #2 : June 15, 2010, 04:03:47 PM »

I like most of it, but I do kind of miss the cleaner backgrounds and I think its a lot harder to see a person's availability status now.
After a few days with this I think I'll have more things to say, I only just started looking at it now. :)
tom
Administrator
: 336

« #3 : June 15, 2010, 04:13:48 PM »

during the development I have had the possibility to try both interfaces (the old and the new one)
I have to say, after a few days of usage the old one seemed to be strange for me
so I am sure you will like the new one  ;D
tom
Administrator

« #4 : June 15, 2010, 04:18:34 PM »

It was much easier to find online people the old way. 

If you have suggestion to improve this feature (except that retrieving the old version) please tell us!

tom
mikki
: 124

« #5 : June 15, 2010, 04:53:19 PM »

Can we get the online listings cleaned up, seems to me to be a little cluttered. Maybe just the pics, and have the invite buttons at the bottom of the list instead of on each pic.
tom
Administrator

« #6 : June 15, 2010, 04:58:12 PM »

on each picture you can see the online status... should it be more visible?
tom
« : June 15, 2010, 05:02:31 PM tom »
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #7 : June 15, 2010, 05:04:25 PM »

I would recommend making the online/room/offline more readily visible. The little colored dot is easy to miss. Maybe that part of the box that is currently gray?

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
bouli

« #8 : June 15, 2010, 05:53:33 PM »

Yea, I agree that it needs to be easier to see. Is it possible to have different frames around portraits to specify different statuses?

Another thing I'd really like to see is the option to filter out the people who are busy. The easiest would be to add a checkbox to the search window like the one we currently have for offline users.
And, a similar request would be the possibilty to filter the view of your friends and lovers by availability status as well. Every time I log on I first go through my lists of friends and lover to see who's online and I don't really want to look through a few pages of offliners for this.
alan69
: 1

« #9 : June 15, 2010, 05:59:20 PM »

New GUI makes me register on forum.
To say very simple it is crap!
It is fancy, but usability is non existing. Worst part is search result.
Very disappointing.
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #10 : June 15, 2010, 06:02:12 PM »

I second that idea. Checking my friends and lovers is basically how I start out on AChat, and filtering out those who aren't available would be greatly appreciated.

I know it would require a refresh to see when they come on, but as of the last interface unless you refreshed their profile it would be doing things like showing green, but saying their status was "In Room" so I personally wouldn't consider it that big of an inconvenience.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Bear
: 3856

« #11 : June 15, 2010, 06:13:32 PM »

Would agree send the invite, ignore chat butttons elsewhere, does seem a bit cluttered...and take time to get use to

Jazelle
: 13

« #12 : June 15, 2010, 06:16:43 PM »

Do i like the new interface ? well so far no! yes its prettier but not as practical, the new interface has made the chat harder to keep up with not better! its got to the stage where i cant tell who is trying to contact me. Yes the backgrounds are cool, but the old people locater was very clean and simple to use, the name list was better in my opinion and having to look a lot more to see online/offline/busy status ? maybe a coloured border around the name ?

The chat is becoming impossible to read and keep up with in some ways it is easier in som much as all you need do is click on the button by the pic but all the same that could of been done by turning the name into a button before on the list rather than have the select to chat button on the far side of the screen!

Yes it looks prettier

But NO it has made the chat issues worse!

Jazelle

Bear
: 3856

« #13 : June 15, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »

A quick second to Jazelle's  remarks on that, chat box is too low, and too small

Can't imagine how the ladies will be able to keep up in conversations if 2-3 chat hits interrupt things, Putting people into a position of rooming just to hold a conversation.

Also found it tough to immediately find a profile of the party initiating a chat, is there a way to link to the profile, rather then refresh search and sort the pictures while squinting to read the names

Graphics are nice,..

Estoria
: 15

« #14 : June 15, 2010, 07:50:10 PM »

It took me a while to find out how to talk to my friends again, but once it gotten all clear, I kind of loved it. At least now the photo you make is used, which makes it a little more unique. :)
: [1] 2 3 ... 6  
« previous next »
: