*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Favorite TV
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
: Favorite TV  ( 38044 )
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #15 : June 24, 2010, 03:03:26 PM »

Shame on me, a show that deserves special recognition for both being brilliant as well as not running any longer then it should is Babylon 5. When it was created it was five years, only five years, no spin off, no movies, 5 years, and that's it, and while I think there may have been a movie somewhere along the line the brilliant thing was that it was a whole creation before it ever aired. All threads woven were woven to completion, and instead of a story assembled by a committee (or a mob) it was a singular vision that played out to completion.

And singularly unique in that aspect.

Yeah I'm a hot geek too.  :P

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
sinnnn
: 1379

« #16 : June 24, 2010, 03:08:03 PM »

I knew there was a reason why I desire you so J. Bab5 is on my list to. Only watched the up til the knew guy from Scarecrow an Miss. King took command, then it went to cable.  WHYYYYYYY.   
Lover
: 10350

« #17 : June 24, 2010, 03:21:37 PM »

I liked and watched Bab5 too. But some months ago, when they repeated it on TV, I recognized this time is over.

Two other ones I asbolutely love: Dr. House and Monk

In Germany, they usually are shown one after the other at the same evening. So all my friends know, at this day they are not allowed to call me.

sinnnn

« #18 : June 24, 2010, 03:35:57 PM »

THANK YOU LOVER.  You just touched my heart with the site you listed for me.  Now I'm going to go an do my nerdy happy dance. ;D :-*
bouli

« #19 : June 24, 2010, 03:41:18 PM »

Oh my... I'm an addict too.

I have to agree on Dexter and Supernatural from Janine's posts, I'm actually in the process of watching through the Supernatural episodes this summer, didn't get around to it before.
As with movies I have a soft spot for sci-fi as well so I've followed some of the shows Sinnnn already mentioned; Battlestar Galactica, Farscape, Dr. Who etc.

My all time favourites are Firefly and Six Feet Under though. I've yet to run across something close to either of those really.

More from my list: True Blood, American Dad!, Family Guy, United States of Tara, Futurama (new season just started, yay!), The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother (watching through season 2 now, soon up to date) and Lost.

I must also say that Heroes season one was really great, but then the shit hit the fan and I regret following the rest of that mess.
sinnnn

« #20 : June 24, 2010, 03:45:34 PM »

When I think I'm done, you ppl keep dragging me back in. 

All I have to say to you Supernatural fans.  What has Sam become?  I can't wait til season 6, I have got to know.  Will he be fighting his brother or will he just disappear an Dean will find out he is no longer trapped and go looking for him?  Sam a angel or demon?  I must know now.  >:(

I like Grey's Anatomy.  The season ending was to get shot over and die for. ::)
bouli

« #21 : June 24, 2010, 03:47:17 PM »

Shhh Sinnnn,  no spoilers. I'm only just starting on  season two :(
sinnnn

« #22 : June 24, 2010, 03:55:23 PM »

My bad. Only on season two, you Newbie.  LOL.  I won't say anymore.  But it was gooooooood. ;) :-X mums the word.

Love Firely, was sooo pissed they ended it on its first season, then have a nerve to tease us with a movie.  I had to buy the box.  Evil ppl, make great sci-fi an end it before it truly began. :-\
« : June 24, 2010, 04:06:17 PM sinnnn »
Lover

« #23 : June 24, 2010, 03:56:16 PM »

My pleasure sinnnn, as I was sure I read something about new episodes.

By the way, you have to show me your nerdy happy dance :D

sinnnn

« #24 : June 24, 2010, 04:27:10 PM »

Ummm its worst than Elain's dance on Seinfield.  :-\
Lover

« #25 : June 24, 2010, 04:32:55 PM »

This one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNsDSBwr7c4&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNsDSBwr7c4&feature=related)

sinnnn

« #26 : June 24, 2010, 05:14:56 PM »

Yeah but worst, LOL. Good looking out Lover :P

Oh have to mention Sliders, was my fav til the last season.  The main character got greedy, demanding and refuse to come back if his brother couldn't come back as well.  Totally ruined the last season, I couldn't even watch 5mins of it.   :P
Bear
: 3856

« #27 : June 24, 2010, 07:34:26 PM »

bouli you beat me to the Firefly reference, great show, and its sequel movie Serenity, worth the watch if you like sci-fi with unique and interesting characters even though it was short lived. The series has accumulated a strong cult following. and for you comic book collectors it will be going to print as a series (if it hasn't already).

Personally don't watch too much tv during the summer, (just to much to do around here outdoors) come winter when the cold settles in is when I catch up on shows: Dexter, Trueblood, (and also catching up on Supernatural so hush...)...might offer Deadwood as a suggestion. A ralistic, brutal dramatic (laced with some wicked humor) viewpoint of a Dakota mining town...Ian McShane gives some some of the best reflective monologues you'll ever hear.

Eureka is another fav, along with...Chuck

Janine Dee
: 2541

« #28 : June 25, 2010, 01:35:21 AM »

I like Monk, I can sit and watch and enjoy Monk, but the dvd's are on the "someday" list while I'm thinking I will be picking up Burn Notice this weekend, as a comparison.

For those early on in Supernatural... your heart is going to break for Dean at the end of  season 2 even as you praise Ackles for his performance. (Sinnnn knows what I'm talking about, but I wouldn't DREAM of spoiling.  ;D )

Dexter... what I have been LOVING with Dexter is how he has been finding his humanity. Even as a serial killer he is developing those feelings for those around him, wife, stepkids, baby... he cares for them.

I still remember the ep where a bad man takes an interest in Aster (stepdaughter)... I won't spoil more then that... and that's more a teaser.  :P

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
mikki
: 124

« #29 : June 25, 2010, 12:47:33 PM »

Oh dear, where to begin with all these wonderful shows being discussed. Sliders, NCIS, Dexter, Monk, Bab 5, Dr. Who(only the original), TNG, DS9, Voyager, Original Star Trek of course. Sadly I have only seen the first season of Dexter, as I don't get any premium channels, but I have plans to buy all the seasons on DVD when money allows it. I absolutely love NCIS, without doubt my favorite show. I will always rank Abby as my favorite character from the show, but is the dynamics of the group is what makes it such a hit for me. The only character I can say I would not miss if he were written out, is Leon Vance. His only value is as a foe for Gibbs. That makes him expendable in my opinion.
: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  
« previous next »
: