*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Books, Books, and more Books
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3] 4 5
: Books, Books, and more Books  ( 41405 )
Stone
: 1842

« #30 : April 18, 2012, 10:15:11 AM »

If you like crime thrillers -   The Millennium Series by Steig LARSSON  1) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo 2) The Girl who Played with Fire and 3)  The Girl who Kicked the Hornets Nest.
All 3 books are a top read.

Lover
: 10350

« #31 : April 18, 2012, 10:17:25 AM »

perfume was fantastic as a book. i am afraid to see movie

The book is absoultely fantastic, the film absolutely bad (imo).

Adera
: 3047

« #32 : April 18, 2012, 11:51:22 AM »

I've read the books and I really like them, not sure how well they are translated to English or any other language but they're really good in Swedish. The movies are okay... though I don't really like the American version since the characters are changed a bit too much.
Lover

« #33 : June 07, 2012, 05:13:26 AM »

Jeffery Deaver: Lincoln Rhyme series... listened to "The Bone Collector" and "The Vanished Man"... fantastic!

Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #34 : September 13, 2012, 06:09:02 AM »

If you like a love story with a difference, the below books are taking the UK by storm , I've read the first and am busily on the second ...

Girls you will love them,  Guys ... there's a lot of sex in them too    :o

The Fifty Shades Trilogy by  E L James.       1)   FIFTY SHADES OF GREY   2)  FIFTY SHADES DARKER  &  3)  FIFTY SHADES FREED

Happy reading & an in sight into the Dominant & Submissive world.   :P

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
TightFit74
: 2415

« #35 : September 17, 2012, 11:48:46 AM »

For Fantasy lovers, I'd recommend Lord of the Rings ofcourse, but for those that love thick books, with lots of twists, plots and turns over a course of 10 books, I'd advice the series of Terry Goodkind. I'm not sure what the title of the saga is, but translated from dutch, it would be "the ten laws of Magic'. I'm sure someone will add the saga's title in english if I got it wrong? :) thanks in advance

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Lover

« #36 : September 17, 2012, 03:37:54 PM »

I know Godkind's "Sword of truth" and it's great.

TightFit74
: 2415

« #37 : September 18, 2012, 01:02:13 AM »

'Sword of Truth' is the first book of ten.. and each part is better as the last one.. I read the whole saga (took a few years) and was amazed with the complexness of the story..

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
bluedenim
: 3007

« #38 : September 18, 2012, 12:54:14 PM »

I probably come across as a real boring bookworm, I'm into all the Greek classics & Mythology, I like Shakespeare, Ibsen, Poe, Dickens, Jane Austen, Thomas Hardy, Bronte Sisters, but I love  fantasies too and have read all of the Lord of The Rings and the Hobbit and even Sylmarillion, my favorites are all the discworld series by Terry Pratchett, an English Children's Author I started out reading his kids books. No I didn't get out much, ok!

:)

I love to be dominated, my mission is to serve .
Bear
: 3856

« #39 : September 18, 2012, 01:51:29 PM »

Dennis L. McKiernan's The Iron Tower  series is a good read for those that enjoyed LOTR,...
Donald Stephens Wound Land series would be a good compliment.

For a good laugh in a mythical world,... any of Piers Anthony works would be worth the time.

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy though... still a great comical classic...

BTW when are they going to release towels for us here?

bluedenim
: 3007

« #40 : September 19, 2012, 12:11:47 AM »

Yay! Hicth-hiker's guide to the Galaxy :)

Have you seen the film with Alan Rickman?

I love to be dominated, my mission is to serve .
Mollie
: 48

« #41 : September 19, 2012, 03:15:26 PM »

I'm an avid reader and I just finished The Lady's Tutor by Robin Schone

The buzz on Lady's Tutor was that it is sexually explicit, a very hot book. Romance is often a derivative genre and I wondered, as I opened it, what form this sizzling story would take. Would the writing be romantically sexy like Dara Joy? Would it border on erotica like Beatrice Small, Thea Devine or Susan Johnson? Would I read it compulsively and but feel depressed?

Silly me. The Lady's Tutor is a beautifully written and original story that takes its cues from no one. I swallowed it whole, sat up til 2:00 AM (most of the time with my hand in my panties) and would have been up until 4:00 if I'd been able. To me, this is one terrific book.

Lover

« #42 : September 19, 2012, 04:34:39 PM »

Nice Mollie you found this topic... and it's hot just to read your experiences while you read it :)

Yes Blue, I know the film.... great :) Also heard the book "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe".. ok.. not so good in my opinon.
But Douglas Adams also made 3 parts or the series "Dr. Who" which is great.

jayc
: 1600

« #43 : September 23, 2012, 03:00:05 PM »

as an avid reader also,and with halloween around the corner, may i suggest  "coldheart canyon" a hollywood ghost story by Clive Barker.
well written and very creepy with lots of sex.

"weave world" by Clive Barker is also good
Kingdustin
: 598

« #44 : November 05, 2012, 02:53:43 PM »

Brian Keene, i love his books. he dose Horror.

The rising ,sequel The City of Dead
Dark hollow
Dead sea
Urban Gothic ( Good but there was a character's death I could not accept, so I did not finish it )

House only way out is in. by Ted Dekker , and Frank Peretti

Zombie Survival by Max brooks
World war Z by Max brooks

Fantasy book

Christopher Paolini
Eragon
Eldest
Brisingr
Empire

The Amulet Of SamarKand byJonathan Staroud

(a book I wish i never read lol sadly I did not care for his style of writing but I did finish all of them.)
Lord of the Rings

Oh I even read the bible. 

true beauty lies in great friendship =)
: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
: