*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Books, Books, and more Books
« previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4] 5
: Books, Books, and more Books  ( 41802 )
bluedenim
: 3007

« #45 : November 06, 2012, 01:59:21 AM »

Alright, I'll confess.

I have finished all 3 fifty shades novels. I haven't followed Twilight , I'm told it's a spin-off, so I perhaps didn't get some of the "in" references.

They are badly written and don't go looking for sleazy BDSM content cos there isn't any, just a hint here and there peppered randomly. There is a romance running through, but the disjointedness (is that a real word?) shows through too much. I was caught once or twice by the "insights" into how some people (EL JAMES) think people fall into BDSM. I was looking for maybe a point of reference for myself, but didn't find any.
Why always this perception that to enjoy domination or being spanked, you must have been abused as a child? Neither my self nor my fiance fall into this stereotype.

I'm glad I read them on my Ipad and didn't pay the store price for them.

I love to be dominated, my mission is to serve .
Momma_andrea
: 9502

Lady of the twin moons©

« #46 : December 01, 2012, 07:44:19 AM »

I'm a huge Terry Pratchett fan. All the disc world novels and I even read the stuff he wrote for young adults.
My favorite is the trilogy about Tiffany Aching, about a young witch in the making. He is funny, clever and gives you characters you really adore. and don't even get me started on the Nac Mac Feegle.

Terry makes fun and light of fantasy like Douglas Adams did with Sci fi.

p.s. I haven't read '50 shades'. I know many people who have with mixed reviews. So its on the list but not high
« : December 01, 2012, 07:47:44 AM Momma_andrea »

http://redandbrunettelesbian.tumblr.com
bluedenim

« #47 : December 01, 2012, 01:37:31 PM »

Seems to me we share tastes Momma Andrea...

and I like your writing too.

xx

Momma_andrea

Lady of the twin moons©

« #48 : December 01, 2012, 01:46:16 PM »

Seems to me we share tastes Momma Andrea...

and I like your writing too.

xx
OMG, I didnt read your previous post on page 3. Did you read the bromeliad trilogy "truckers" " diggers" and "wings"? its young adult books.
It begins like "The Borrowers" but becomes this aweome sci fi thing, where this is NOT their home planet.
did you hear that Terry Pratchett has the beginnings of Alzheimer's? He isn't happy about it. says he has many more stories to tell.
« : December 01, 2012, 01:56:51 PM Momma_andrea »

bluedenim

« #49 : December 01, 2012, 01:58:01 PM »

No, I've read the Johnny books, they were really funny, with Yo-less and the gang.

Momma_andrea

Lady of the twin moons©

« #50 : December 01, 2012, 05:59:46 PM »

Good Omens is a good book, Pratchett did with Neil Gaiman
I think I read Johnny and the Dead. I love  "the wee free men"  the first Tiffany Aching book.
And TIffany is the only one that can call Mistress Weatherwax "Granny", but I get why and it's really cool.

Lover
: 10350

« #51 : December 25, 2012, 08:35:22 AM »

Mortal Fear by Greg Iles. A must for every Achat her...lol...
6 women were killed who had one thing in common. They are members of an sexual oriented chat system. Any questions ;)

Momma_andrea

Lady of the twin moons©

« #52 : January 02, 2013, 02:28:32 PM »

I just got a book from the library that I requested. It is an art book sooo... no words.
If you have seen my signature under my posts, that is the work of Bruce Timm. Seems he is an artist for Batman.
When I needed a siggy, hubby got me this pic and I asked where it came from because I loved the erotic but yet soft innocent style.
So now I have this book of artwork and I give this to Mr.Timm, His girls are not large chested like most comic artists, his girls look like girls.
And one of them inspired me for a story character.

He definately has a certain style. Check him out. I got it free in my library system
p.s. I lied. there are words. there is an introduction.
« : January 02, 2013, 02:49:58 PM Momma_andrea »

hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #53 : January 02, 2013, 03:49:50 PM »

Wow, really nice! I love the style, the girls a sensual and have a misterious light in their eyes!

Momma_andrea

Lady of the twin moons©

« #54 : January 02, 2013, 04:14:07 PM »

Wow, really nice! I love the style, the girls a sensual and have a misterious light in their eyes!
It is funny you say that because that is what the introduction writer said about Bruce Timm's work is that what his girls are about is unequivocally expressed in their eyes and their pouts and poses.
 :-* you should be an art critic  ;D

hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #55 : January 02, 2013, 05:08:28 PM »

really!? ah ah! what an incredible coincidence!  ;)

Anyway, i'm not a critic, just one guy who love nice drawings and in particular some pretty girls!  ::) :P
« : January 02, 2013, 05:15:44 PM hentaiboy69 »

bluedenim

« #56 : January 04, 2013, 01:10:01 PM »

Aha!

Your true identity revealed HB! A literary critic!

lolz!

jondas

« #57 : April 30, 2013, 06:13:27 AM »

Since I had a look around here, I would also suggest Earth Children Series by Jean Auel

A tale of a special woman around 30000 years before. Awesome story telling and some very hot and desriptive love scenes

Jamie200
: 50

STOCKINGS AND SILK FEEL SEXY

« #58 : May 16, 2015, 10:16:27 PM »

werewolf story guy you might want to check out the wolfs hour...I thought it was pretty good.

others I liked

Katherine kerr deverry series excellent
amber series by zelzany
hunger games was ok but super depressing..imo
electric church was excellent
myth series by robert asprin hilarious and disc world fans will probably like it
prey series by john sandford

claiming of beauty series by anne rice

bachman books by stephen king
I have read a lot of the books mentioned too...reading is pretty awesome!

so what about starting a thread where you give a one post review of a book you have read?  anyone interested?  we could comment after

I thought Id use this thread instead of a new one

kisses

AusWoody
: 2044

Never push a loyal person to the breaking point

MSN Messenger - mick.woodman@gmail.com
« #59 : May 17, 2015, 12:46:28 AM »

yes reading is special, and reviews  are nice.

you could do a review of the current erotic stories ?
« : May 17, 2015, 12:48:22 AM AusWoody »

Join us in the The Achat Square meeting place for broad-minded  adults - fun and games - http://achatsquare.chatango.com

Mean What I Say  -  Say What I Me
: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
: