*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  New experiences for AChat
« previous next »
: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
: New experiences for AChat  ( 162101 )
zuzannah
: 1379

« #255 : September 10, 2020, 11:20:09 AM »

Yeah why not.   :)  Good idea.

Add it to the list of never to be implemented.   :P

wllm
: 3

« #256 : November 18, 2020, 02:32:02 AM »

how bout a big banner for newbies that always stays at the top in forum.  This place is a minefield if your new and i have read loads of stuff about he we (newbies) get on the nerves of you old timers.  When you first get in here....  There are people fucking in the street.... Once I managed to shut my mouth and narrow my eyes...I personally lost my moral compass for a short time after seeing that...   

and then... well we too have to run the gauntlet of the headfuckers and the aggressors... etc etc.  I appreciate this place has changed since becoming free (ish) but just wanna say its not easy to find your way.

I already tried to steer some people in the right direction but... tbh i dont really feel qualified to give advice.  It would be good to have somehere to steer new users.

Also while im here (i might not come back:) ) ... why do poses start and your already going 'hell for leather'  that first moment of intimate contact is not smth you wanna miss surely? MAybe I'm too romantic:)

cheers
Soniaslut
: 851

I LICKED IT. SO IT'S MINE.

« #257 : November 18, 2020, 08:02:47 AM »

Hi wllm   ;D

Welcome to the Achat Forum and thank you for your input.

I totally agree with you that there should be a better and more informative welcome procedure put into place for the benefit of new members, or even a list of contacts in the game who are happy to help new members settle in. 
Actually this wouldn't just be for the benefit of new members but also the "old timers", as you call them, who perhaps have forgotten how confusing, intimidating and strange the game can be for a lot of people new to this kind of thing. Everyone of us here has worn a "Noob" badge at one time or other. So..."old timers"...rather than get annoyed, shout or use the Ignore button with new members it would be a far better idea to take a few minutes to help them with any questions or problems they may have.

You mention running the gauntlet of players who can be manipulative  and aggressive. There's little that can be done about that when Achat is, after all, populated with people. Some are just like that, as in the real world. The best advice I can give is to avoid anyone like that you encounter. Use the "Ignore" button, that's what it's for. Most of all make friends that you're comfortable with and sure of.  I've met some incredible people here and am grateful to call some of them my friend.

Thank you for steering people in the right direction.  Also, you're totally wrong.
You are qualified to give advice. It may just be as simple as telling someone how to buy clothes or directing them here and explaining how to post a message or contact the Ateam. Anything and everything you can do is a HUGE help and very much welcomed.  Thank you.

Finally...you can't say you may not come back!!! You only just got here.  we hope to have your input as to thoughts on the game, participating in the forum and being a part of the community.
As to the poses kicking straight into top gear?  That's one for the Dev's, I'm afraid.  But there's nothing wrong with a little romance wllm. I'm partial to the occasional "swoon" myself  :P.

If you want to contact the Dev's regarding poses click "Support"  at the top of this page, scroll down a little way and fill out the contact form there.  Try to be as specific as you can so that your query can be easier dealt with.

Thanks for your post...hope to see more from you.

See you in game   :)

xx00xx

JessiCapri
: 2178

« #258 : November 18, 2020, 08:26:15 PM »

Hey Wilm

Welcome! :)

First off sorry if some of the messages here on forum have left you feeling a bit discouraged.  Some forget that we were all new once and wandering around not just lost in what to do specifically but also a bit intimidated by it all. 

It is my opinion that many of those who are new and annoying are not really new at all.  I think many create alts and pretend to be new for the sole purpose to annoy with bad behavior.  This results in giving a bad reputation to all newbs when the real issue lies with the individual and not with their being new.

I don't know anyone who would find it annoying to be asked how to do anything or where to find things.  So please do not be hesitant to ask.

Like Sonia, I encourage you to return and should you see me on feel free to approach, say hi, just hang or ask questions. 

I met some of my closest online friends when we were both newbs and trying to figure things out together.  So just relax and try to enjoy the learning experience.  You never know who you might meet in the process.

Looking forward to seeing you in game,
Jessi

wllm
: 3

« #259 : November 20, 2020, 04:07:03 AM »

Well Sonia, I came back.  If you manage to set up some kind of list or topic or.. whatever, let me know if you need any volunteers. I followed your guidance to write to developers.  If something changes, it's my fault:):)

Jessi, reading in here, it was interesting to see the perspective of those that had been here a long time it didnt discourage me. Opened my eyes I suppose.  I wish i'd come to the forum before entering the party rooms, as it is a useful guide..(.but... well y'know I wanted to SEE ;D..).  Forum is very big though...  Lots to get through:) 

I met some people now... they are... interesting:)  but I look forward to say hi if i see you

Thanks again both for support.
Wll
Soniaslut
: 851

I LICKED IT. SO IT'S MINE.

« #260 : November 20, 2020, 05:26:22 AM »

Hi again wllm...great to see you back   ;D

The forum is huge and sprawling (it needs a good clear out and update if you ask me *cough cough   ::)  *  but there is lots of useful info here and lots of things to see and do if you want to take a break from the ingame insanity  :P

I hope you make more friends and continue to have fun. that's the whole point.
if you have any problems or any questions you can post in here, PM here or grab us ingame and we'll do our best to help.

Take care, be well and have a wonderful day

xx00xx

Kaitlyn1989
: 323

« #261 : November 20, 2020, 11:37:31 AM »

Hi Wllm *hugs* welcome to Forum and Game.  ;) See you have already met Sonia n Jessi so I won’t waste your time reposting what they've already shared… just Ditto.

Years ago, the Forum had Eldars (moderators) helpful peeps, experienced n wise. Here to help the new n lost and protect this sanctuary keeping it alive n safe for all. And In Game… their counterparts… the Mentors, helping those “first” encounters, navigate a new world.

Though long abandoned and now history... there are still the “usual suspects” that continue to step up n carry their torch, here in Forum and Game. Some you have already met.  ;)  Always willing to listen and help if they can or find someone who can. All you need do is give the Forum a shout out… someone will shout back.

YES, the Forum is a big sprawling place  :o reminding me of an old museum suffering from too many additions n renovations. A landscape of wings, hallways, rooms n closets. Easy to get lost and even harder to find something for the unexperienced. I know it seemed “intimidating” to me when I made my first post in the “introduce Yourself” thread. But being a curious feline with too much time… at that time.  ::) I began to meander those endless hallways peeking into dark rooms, some unopened for years… in them treasures. Pieces of peeps lives, a feeling or tune shared with their peers. A sense of community.

But i quickly became a Forum dweller… fueled by my slightly OCD tendencies, venturing deeper, reading everything I stumbled upon, including everything new. Time wasted? Perhaps… but it led me to one of the most wonderful n unexpected experiences in my life becoming a priceless relationship for the past 4+ years… Andrea  :-*

Anywho… back to YOUR post, I tend to get distracted n wordy. Though there is no giant BANNER waving for your attention promising all the answers to all your questions… there is some logic n organization to the Forum amongst all its clutter.

As I see it… there are 5 main wings (sections) to the Forum, each with multiple floors (topics) housing common rooms (threads) containing countless posts. In addition, within each of the topics… just like a library… there are “Reference” rooms where all the important stuff is kept and secured, usually locked for read only. These you will find “Pinned” at the top of every topic.

I’m only going to point out the most relevant and some of my favs so I don’t put everyone to sleep..

SECTIONS         TOPICS - FAVS

Announcements