*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Tina16? Claims to be an admin?
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Tina16? Claims to be an admin?  ( 11840 )
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #15 : March 05, 2012, 03:01:52 PM »

Azrielle, even if i think this will be a good idea, i think it will be avaleible for the admin of the game, or it can be a mess. Tight, Bear and now Keiko (congrats, Keiko!) are admin of the forum, not the game. An user can't be an admin of the game.

my 2 cents
« : March 05, 2012, 03:09:48 PM hentaiboy69 »

Bear
: 3856

« #16 : March 05, 2012, 04:29:35 PM »

Well some sites use volunteers to help online activity...really the issue here is identifying a staffer on-line...

Confirmed... Admin is still the only avatar out there that is a staff member.
« : March 05, 2012, 04:41:09 PM Bear »

Lover
: 10350

« #17 : March 05, 2012, 07:30:59 PM »

It's not about helping new members in game. But can you imagine to be online in game, chatting to your friends and every few seconds you get a message "Hi, can you help me?"

I'm sure, most of us forum users are ready to help, but if you are asked several times each day? And don't forget - in the moment you are marked as "special person" you also are seen as official member of A-Team in public perception. So you have to be more then just careful in your reaction. If you ignore a spamming person, it's not you - it's the A-Team. Very dangerous for everyone.

Azrielle
: 262

NSPD - Retired

« #18 : March 05, 2012, 07:41:00 PM »

Just to Clarify my above post... I used the terms "Official" and "Officials" (both being singular and plural) to denote members of the DEV-Team... at no time was the word(s) I chose to use meant to be implied, whether directly or indirectly, to mean members of the forum or are customers (paying and free members alike).

I hope this additional post provides a greater degree of clarity.

Mwah!
AZRIELLE

Coming Soon to a Shop Near You! Mwah!
Lover

« #19 : March 05, 2012, 07:58:59 PM »

Ok AZ, I understand.
I think HB, Rukya and I answered more to Bear's post in which he talked about volunteers and used this in context to your idea.

There is one uniqe sign - the user called "Admin". Of course I don't believe the majority of AChat-members is able to notice this. And I also really HOPE, the A-Team doesn't play very often - they have to work ;)

Pafe
: 548

« #20 : March 06, 2012, 05:04:55 AM »

I'm sure, most of us forum users are ready to help

Hiya's...

Again, when I was brand new, and still a "free user", when I would be going through the search and see that the person had reference to the Forum on his/her page, I would contact that person if I had any game questions.  I figured if they were concerned enough about AChat to participate in the Forum, they would probably be patient with me, and I was correct in that reasoning.  I'm sure some of you can remember helping me.  So that is what I do now, when chatting with "free users".  I recommend that they read through the Forum (even if they are not a member), and any reasonable questions they have, they should seek out members who have reference to the Forum on their profile page.  That in itself to me, designated that the person would probably be helpful.  So, if any of you get contacted with questions, it is my fault.  I do tell them to be polite, and patient while waiting for a reply because they/you may be busy with something or someone.  I apologize if anyone has been pestered by this.

Thanks for letting me share,
Pafe

Lover

« #21 : March 06, 2012, 09:59:53 AM »

Pafe,
of course I just can speak for myself. I don't have been pested with questions. Someitmes of course I am asked "Hi, I'm new, can you help me" or "Why should I join you in forum"

It's ok. I like to help in general and I also like to help here because every new member is good for all of us.
It was sure in the moment we added a banner description that this can happen. The important difference is, now we are members who also support the forum. In this moment, someone is having an "official" sign, he isn't just a member - he is recognized as official member of A-Team.

TightFit74
: 2415

« #22 : March 07, 2012, 09:14:14 AM »

The same goes for me. I remember very clearly you asking me questions and I was happy to help. As I would help anyone that asks me a question.

If anyone approaches me in game with questions, or a reference from you, they are more than welcome. I am happy to help..

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: