*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Tina16? Claims to be an admin?
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Tina16? Claims to be an admin?  ( 11879 )
apollo13nut
: 262

« : March 04, 2012, 02:15:21 PM »

Is this bitch for real? She messages people on the client and says that she's an admin and if you don't make the selected changes she'll delete you...is she just a scam or is she really an admin?
Bear
: 3856

« #1 : March 04, 2012, 02:20:21 PM »

Scam as far as I know Apollo... I would submit the issue to support.,,However I'll message Tom and Suzi for a clarification if any admin individuals are out there and let you know.

Bear

« #2 : March 04, 2012, 02:24:50 PM »

I have made the inquiry... you may want to copy the text of the thread and submit to support though...

apollo13nut

« #3 : March 04, 2012, 03:48:02 PM »

Here is a copy of what she posted

Bambi_Fawn
: 16

« #4 : March 04, 2012, 04:00:21 PM »

Thanks for the warning and the evidence....she told me it was a lie...I see she's the liar
Bear

« #5 : March 04, 2012, 04:07:36 PM »

Fake ,,, absolutely...having checked your city status it is not in violation of anything deeming "deletion".

I would expect an administrator to spell correctly in any message btw...
I one ever is approached by such,... please copy the message and send it to support... they hold the means to deal with individuals falsifying such claims of authority.
« : March 04, 2012, 04:10:49 PM Bear »

Lover
: 10350

« #6 : March 04, 2012, 07:09:50 PM »

Rukya, you can copy the message and send it to support or straight "Report misuse" by using the exclamation mark in the chat window - choose "Report TOS violation" and paste the words.
Then you also can start a topic (perhaps we should have a section for this) and tell name and message.

Keiko
: 316

Independent Fashion Designer

« #7 : March 04, 2012, 08:37:12 PM »

I also agree that this user is not an Admin. As long as I have been a member (and probably safe to assume as long as the game has been around,) there has never been an Admin. in-game (or at least approached anyone as an Admin.) I would treat these individuals no differently than the same people who try to scam members, stealing their login information with fake websites. I'm sure Susy would say the same thing, do not trust anyone who approaches you in-game claiming to be an Admin. and DO NOT give them any of your personal information.

Trekmanalpha
: 114

Fortune Favors the Bold...

MSN Messenger - trekmanalpha@hotmail.com
« #8 : March 04, 2012, 11:49:47 PM »

Its obvious that she is not an admin, as she would speak far better English. All emails and messages I've received from actual admins from the site, are very well written, accurate, and non threatening. I would expect the same from the rest.

Looking...

Where are all the wonderful, romantic, loving, caring, dedicated, loyal, sensual, vocal, long hair'd, well dressed, beautiful, sexy women at?

Cause It'd be an honor to have you on my arm... forever.
Adera
: 3047

« #9 : March 05, 2012, 01:41:36 AM »

I would guess there are quite a few who got scared by what she said even if her English isn't the best. I wonder just how many who have changed their city description to their real city out of fear or who might have left AChat because of it.

I don't think she is real any way.
Lover

« #10 : March 05, 2012, 04:42:02 AM »

@Keiko:
As long as I have been a member (and probably safe to assume as long as the game has been around,) there has never been an Admin. in-game (or at least approached anyone as an Admin.)

There actually exists an admin in game and he is called Admin. We had this question last year, when a member asked in forum. I bet this is cheating person, but Toma answered, they never accept an usual member to have this name and we can be sure, he really is an admin.

Pafe
: 548

« #11 : March 05, 2012, 06:46:23 AM »

HIya's...

When I first started on AChat, I had a member tell me he was from the "Official" AChat welcoming committee, and he asked me if there were any problems or questions I had.  If he was being truthful or not, I don't know, but I assumed he was because he was very helpful, and he did not attempt to room me.  In fact, he contacted me a couple of times, and answered any questions I had.  I still don't know if he was "real" or not, but I thought it was very nice for AChat to have a person like that roaming the game.  I wish I could remember his name.

Thanks for letting me share,
Pafe

Lover

« #12 : March 05, 2012, 06:50:56 AM »

Pafe, as long as I'm here I just know Tom, Rab (who has not posted here for a very long time) and Suzy. Of course it doesn't mean there may be no other. I also don't know which one of them is called admin in game.

Bear

« #13 : March 05, 2012, 02:03:18 PM »

Well if any are on the game site... it would be a wise idea for a special colored star to indicate this just to remove the doubt and potential for this kind of deceit.

Azrielle

NSPD - Retired

« #14 : March 05, 2012, 02:18:00 PM »

Hey Bear!

I really think you are on to something with your post. I think it would be a great idea for ALL "OFFICIAL" game Moderators and Administrators to have a special colour star on their game account profiles. While most of us would probably never see this person's profile during a normal course of game play, having any Game "OFFICIALS" recognizable when they are logged into the AChat Client Window could be be very beneficial in keeping the TOS Violators, and numerous undesirables off the Game Site entirely.

Excellence in the simplicity of the idea, bear.

Mwah!
AZRIELLE

Coming Soon to a Shop Near You! Mwah!
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: