*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Father's Day
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3 4
: Father's Day  ( 28425 )
Bear
: 3856

« #15 : May 29, 2011, 08:12:18 AM »

Mothers Day was celebrated May 8th in the States

TightFit74
: 2415

« #16 : May 29, 2011, 08:13:59 AM »

9th of may in Holland as well..

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Lover
: 10350

« #17 : May 29, 2011, 09:58:55 AM »

8th of May here

Bear, Triumph: Yes, let's make a tour, which is the best time?

Perhaps we really can make it one day ;)

Bear

« #18 : May 29, 2011, 11:17:20 AM »

Summer time... most definite... a chance to line up some cruising bikes,.. warm nights and scantily dressed women,... good brew and live music.

Triumph999
: 62

« #19 : May 29, 2011, 12:35:18 PM »

Agreed, it would be great if it actually happened, Lover   8)

Bear, I'd have to see about cost for getting my bike shipped over though, either that or hire a similar machine out there - I couldn't cope with one of those strange American bikes, I'm afraid!  The music, warm nights and scantily-clad women sound like a plan, however  ;D ;D ;D

The right to bear arms is nearly as daft as the right to arm bears (no offence, Bear!)
alstott
: 635

« #20 : May 29, 2011, 02:27:12 PM »

Yep agree would be a lot of fun

I've been in the US and A several times...visited the Arizona Bike Week in Scottsdale...mostly at the end of march...great people...barbecue...bikes...girls and good live music.

Triumph...no problem we share the costs for shipping over...i had to take my bike with me...btw it's one of those americans...a fatboy baby a fatboy...me and my bike are inseparably at summertime  8)

there`s  no right or wrong....just the consequences of your actions
TightFit74

« #21 : May 30, 2011, 06:52:49 PM »

Alstot, Triumph, mountiain bikes are the same all over the world. Can I rent a scooter Bear? My knee not up for long trips (or short ones) on a bike, and not wanting to leave you all behind when chasing a skimpily dressed woman :D Never been to the states or Canada, but if I ever get there, I will have to make detour to visit a certain island girl....

Bear

« #22 : May 31, 2011, 08:42:34 AM »

Larger bikes are needed Tight', we are talking of motorcycles...the terrain and distances though challenging and do_able ... mmm impractical for a whirlwind tour by bicycle.

I indeed would  find you something more practical...
« : May 31, 2011, 08:44:07 AM Bear »

TightFit74

« #23 : May 31, 2011, 01:59:17 PM »

I guess being dutch brought that confusion in me about...lol  There are 23 million bikes in holland, the population 16.5.. Cycling is in our blood, ridiculed when not being able to. So naturally I understood bicycles.
Taking a second to ponder the notion, I could have known you meant motorbike. Knowing you and Alstott it should have been obvious :) I'd better take a get-your-license-in-a-week-crash course, so there is enough room on the buddy seat for the girls we are going to meet and win over :D
A bicycle safer after a good tasting at the local micro breweries though... ;D

Bear

« #24 : May 31, 2011, 02:25:42 PM »

Understood... bicycle touring is done here,...but rare since the number of hostels are spaced far  and wide.

Myself.. a European tour by horseback always sounded appealing.. Though such is only well developed in Spain, Italy, Greece an d France, especially the later which has a well organized set of inns organized into relays for equestrians. I's much better developed then here in the states. (though many of the small towns I go through still have hitching posts set at the clock corners... remenents of a day when deliveries were made by wagon.

Though the local saloon still has a hitching post for us... and have done that a couple of times.. ridden into town from the ranch.. gives a bit of a thrill to the Europeans who frequent a local inn and gives an opportunity to break the ice in chat. Luckily if you have too much to drink,... a horse knows its way home... though I did have one friend ticketed for riding under the influence...he was passed out in his saddle.

There is definitely receptive quality given by locals of most nations to horsemen... a chance to interact on a more personal note with the locals.

Lover
: 10350

« #25 : June 01, 2011, 06:28:49 PM »

It's Thursday, it's Father's Day, the horses are ready and so the wagon, beer is cold and sausages in bag :D

Let's get ready to rumble
« : June 01, 2011, 06:31:31 PM Lover »

TightFit74

« #26 : June 02, 2011, 09:08:34 AM »

Happy Father's Day Lover! Let's Ride!!!

And with a bit of luck, we will run into a flock of girls ;D ;D ;D

alstott

« #27 : June 03, 2011, 12:11:46 PM »

Damned...survived Father's day but not completely uninjured...at the end i had to wrench a muscle in my thigh and the pain goes all the way up to my ass..so i really have a pain in my ass now ::)..movin' like an old man..sleeping only on my stomach..3 days bed rest..and yep had 3 injections against the pain until today..but Father's day was worth it gettin' some pain..we had so much fun..hope you guys too..without pain at the end of course ;D

TightFit74

« #28 : June 03, 2011, 06:03:12 PM »

Thanks neighbour. Looks like you're having some bad luck with your legs. Same one as you fractured? Get well soon, mein freund!

alstott

« #29 : June 03, 2011, 06:45:35 PM »

Yep maybe i've to take a step back...shift down one gear i mean;D fortunately it's the other leg but don't wanna sound like a softy...i'm doin' good...no not ;D but thx anyway for your recovery greetings...if it's not killin' you..it makes you stronger...what a stupid phrase ;D

: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
: