*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Father's Day
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3 4
: Father's Day  ( 28423 )
Lover
: 10350

« : May 27, 2011, 01:58:23 AM »

There is Father's Day next Thursday in Germany. As I've read in Wikipedia it's several all over the world. But I want to invite you to all to join me... we can make a wagon ride, drink beer and other tasty drinks and finish with a big bbq.
In Germany there are just men. But if you girls wanna join us here, I think it's no problem ;D
I bought enough drinks and meat for you too...

Triumph999
: 62

« #1 : May 27, 2011, 04:32:50 AM »

Nice one, Lover, I'm there  ;D

Fathers' Day in the UK is June 19th, so I'll see if I can return the gesture, though BBQs in the UK tend to be very much subject to the weather...

The right to bear arms is nearly as daft as the right to arm bears (no offence, Bear!)
Bear
: 3856

« #2 : May 27, 2011, 08:12:56 AM »

June 19th in the states... well BBQ's here are definitely in full swing..nice warm nights,.. bonfires and drinking... especially down by the lake where under the moonless night the opportunity to slip away and skinny dip will be be tempting.

So you brought plenty of meat for the girls Lover? If many show up you'll be a busy guy....and I am proficient over a grill... perhaps I can handle that agenda... though it would be nice to have something to marinate my meat in.

Triumph999

« #3 : May 27, 2011, 08:23:21 AM »

Well I'll have to bring the beer - several kegs of proper British ale should do it  ;D but be warned Bear, it's very different from that weak fizzy Colonial crap you guys drink across The Pond  ;)

The right to bear arms is nearly as daft as the right to arm bears (no offence, Bear!)
TightFit74
: 2415

« #4 : May 27, 2011, 08:53:27 AM »

Well I'll have to bring the beer - several kegs of proper British ale should do it  ;D but be warned Bear, it's very different from that weak fizzy Colonial crap you guys drink across The Pond  ;)

Says an guy from Great Britian where they drink beer luke-warm and don't know how to appreciate a good layer of foam on your beer.. ;) I'll do sauces and dessert. As a former chef I'm still quite handy in the kitchen. I do need help to toss the salads, maybe give the cucumber someattention? Any volunteers, girls?
Btw, father's day in holland the 19th as well...

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Triumph999

« #5 : May 27, 2011, 09:12:28 AM »

Says an guy from Great Britian where they drink beer luke-warm and don't know how to appreciate a good layer of foam on your beer.. ;) I'll do sauces and dessert. As a former chef I'm still quite handy in the kitchen. I do need help to toss the salads, maybe give the cucumber someattention? Any volunteers, girls?
Btw, father's day in holland the 19th as well...

Nothing wrong with strong body and a nice creamy head  ;)

So you were a chef? In McD's, or BK?  :D

Lover
: 10350

« #6 : May 27, 2011, 09:58:30 AM »

LOL, friends, great you all are with me... but finally I buy the beer, the German are well known for it :D
Hm Bear, not sure if we both talk about the same meat, haha....

I'm sure we'll have a great time and it seems, there will be more Father's Days this year :D
Tight, would you play the guitar?

alstott
: 635

« #7 : May 27, 2011, 12:32:29 PM »

Omg did i read it right or am i sleeping? Triumph wants to bring beer from the uk to germany...it's the same as you would bring sand to a desert...well this is a creamy head bro' but not a crown as we prefer it on here...yep a creamy white crown  ;) but i not decline a good guiness or an ale or an stout...i could go on and on  ;D

there`s  no right or wrong....just the consequences of your actions
Adera
: 3047

« #8 : May 27, 2011, 04:08:02 PM »

I don't like beer much, I rather drink wine or a tasty drink. :P
Bear

« #9 : May 27, 2011, 08:41:45 PM »

mmm with my contacts in the vineyards I can help there...(remembers a tale someone told him...) any volunteers for checking the wine casks?

TightFit74

« #10 : May 28, 2011, 02:40:26 AM »

@ LOver, I'll bring my guitar for sure! And Einbecker Urbock dunkel is the best beer made in Germany. Appreciate you thinking of me...lol

@Triumph: I wasn't hired at McD's or BK, overqualified... ;D

Bear

« #11 : May 28, 2011, 02:17:42 PM »

I honest;y have always wanted to partake of the European brew.

Though I think your reference to American brew is directed to the commercial piss.

You need a tour of the Western micro breweries... and love having a European skeptic tagging along.. simply because it prompts the brew-master to share the good stuff.

Triumph999

« #12 : May 28, 2011, 04:33:26 PM »

Though I think your reference to American brew is directed to the commercial piss.

Yep, that's the stuff mate - headache-in-a-can stuff!

You need a tour of the Western micro breweries... and love having a European skeptic tagging along.. simply because it prompts the brew-master to share the good stuff.
Sounds like a plan mate. I imagine that our Dutch and German friends would appreciate that too  :)

TightFit74

« #13 : May 29, 2011, 02:52:42 AM »

I'd be tagging along. Have had a life-long passion for beer. Collect glasses and samples for tasting. Must have tasted over 700 different beers from all over the world. Trust me, most commercial beer is piss. I refure to drink the most well-known beer from holland. Heineken gives me a head-ache. Bear, the micto breweries are the beating heart of beers that are made with passion and for the taste of it...
Have brewed my own, yet the lack of time preventing me to do more...

Adera
: 3047

« #14 : May 29, 2011, 07:44:07 AM »

Its mothers day today in Sweden, is it in other countries as well?
: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
: