*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  POLL: "newest message first"
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Should we switch to "newest message first" sorting order of posts?
Yes, switch to "newest message first"   -13 (59.1%)
No, leave as is   -9 (40.9%)
: 22

: POLL: "newest message first"  ( 12638 )
susy_a
Administrator
: 101

« : May 28, 2011, 03:03:31 AM »

What about the idea of "newest message first" sorting order of posts in this forum? For me it just uncomfortable to scroll for the newest post.
Should I try to change this setting?
« : May 28, 2011, 03:19:56 AM susy_a »
apollo13nut
: 262

« #1 : May 28, 2011, 09:22:28 AM »

I've been on this forum for a while. I signed up for this in March of 2010 (yes, I am in my second year). Every time I reply to a thread, I've noticed that it was "first", under the threads the admins locked at the top.
susy_a
Administrator

« #2 : May 28, 2011, 09:28:38 AM »

Right, that is true for topics inside of a board.
But the posts inside a topic are ordered in reversed order.
Bear
: 3856

« #3 : May 28, 2011, 09:37:05 AM »

I was fuzzy on that concept at first... but got your drift after a bit...

For those equally puzzled... she is speaking of reversing the order of the responses, so the newest response shows on the front page.... haven't checked for awhile if we click on the topic it goes to the original posts first right?

tested.. yep.

Adera
: 3047

« #4 : May 28, 2011, 09:45:14 AM »

I think there could be some benefits with having the latest post in a thread come up first, though I kinda like how it is right now. I saw that I could change that for myself in my settings so even if its changed and I don't like it I guess I can change it back. :)

Anyway... I don't really know how I want to vote on this. :P
Bear

« #5 : May 28, 2011, 10:57:19 AM »

I did vote for a change but ponder if that is wise... I mean good ideas get introduced.. however we tend to get off topic a bit  :P

The last post in those circumstances tends to get way off topic... I voted the change but then after thought leaves me a bit muddled in the matter.

In the current setup, clicking on the topic at least gives a new person a straight forward insight of what had been originally introduced. You are trying to play catchup here suzy... daily moderation will make that process simpler.
« : May 28, 2011, 11:32:24 AM Bear »

Adera
: 3047

« #6 : May 28, 2011, 11:11:02 AM »

I usually click the "New" button when I like to see what I haven't read in a thread already or the arrows on the far right which will give me the last post.

I can see some benefits with sorting the latest posts first but as Bear wrote, the most important posts on a topic is usually in the beginning and as things tend to get a little playful further into the threads a new forum user might get a little lost. One way would of course be to force people to stay on topic and if you want to play around you'd have to do it in a thread made for that... though that can be a little boring. ::) :P
Bear

« #7 : May 28, 2011, 11:33:30 AM »

The more I think of it, the more I like way things are... egads!

can you change my vote?

Lover
: 10350

« #8 : May 29, 2011, 09:51:20 AM »

It's ok as it is at the moment. If you new it might be a bit confusing, but after some time you get it.

By using "Show unread post" or "Show new replies" you get the right ones.

Agree with Bear "the current setup, clicking on the topic at least gives a new person a straight forward insight of what had been originally introduced."

PseRamesses
: 316

me? a lil fuzzy rabbit and a carnivour of lust ;)

« #9 : May 29, 2011, 01:01:07 PM »

i dont mind scrollin and entering a new thred i kind like to read wht previous posters has said before posting. anyway, both ways have perks so i guess leaving it as it is would be the best option. nice btw to c a new admin, welcome  :)

Imagination - the most powerful aphrodisiac in existance
islandsun
: 1597

« #10 : May 29, 2011, 01:15:48 PM »

I like the way it is  !
susy_a
Administrator

« #11 : May 29, 2011, 01:32:34 PM »

Thanks for the welcome PseRamesses :)
PseRamesses

« #12 : May 29, 2011, 01:34:11 PM »

Thanks for the welcome PseRamesses :)
yw bb. pls feel free 2 drop in on me if u c me online *warm embraces*

Janine Dee
: 2541

« #13 : May 29, 2011, 05:01:05 PM »

I thought about this for awhile, and just now as I was going through the posts and realizing I was sometimes jumping back pages to see where I had last been reading the thread. So with the newest first I wouldn't be clicking that last page, then clicking back pages, etc, etc. After realizing that I added my yes vote.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
PseRamesses

« #14 : May 29, 2011, 09:22:29 PM »

I thought about this for awhile, and just now as I was going through the posts and realizing I was sometimes jumping back pages to see where I had last been reading the thread. So with the newest first I wouldn't be clicking that last page, then clicking back pages, etc, etc. After realizing that I added my yes vote.
but J sweetie wouldnt u still be doin tht with the newest post change implemented? u´d just be goin forwrd instead of backwards to find were u last read it right?  ;)  :-*

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: