*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Solved: Help?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Solved: Help?  ( 12274 )
albinobritt
: 3

« : March 30, 2009, 10:53:44 AM »

I have downloaded the full version, registered, but when I put in my name and password, it says "error check internet connection." My internet is fine and I've registered for the name. Is there something I am missing? or why won't it let me log in?
« : April 29, 2009, 07:39:13 AM Rab »
Rab
Administrator
: 111

« #1 : March 30, 2009, 11:53:00 AM »

Please check your firewall settings. In XP, the entries on the "Exceptions" tab must contain "achat". If it doesn't, please use "Add" for adding it.
Normally, during the first start, the operating system asks if it should open the port for Achat, but you can ensure it this way.
albinobritt

« #2 : March 30, 2009, 03:04:57 PM »

I thought that could have been an issue, I did make sure that the web address was in the "exceptions" box. Except, its funnyadultgamesplay, not achat. Im still not sure what is the problem, and why it wont allow me to log in to the game

Rab
Administrator

« #3 : March 30, 2009, 04:26:50 PM »

Please consider that this issue probably has nothing to do with any web address.
If this is really a firewall problem, then in the firewall settings, the name of the program running on your computer must be given, not a web address.
If "achat" is not present in the exceptions list of the firewall, then use the "Add program" button to add it.
Do you have a router? Is its firewall on?
Did you use any net-based game before successfully? (I mean no browser-based, but installed online application.)
albinobritt

« #4 : March 30, 2009, 05:05:53 PM »

Im starting to wonder if it isn't a firewall problem. Im not very tech savvy but I do understand enough to change the settings of the firewall, like you have suggested. I am going to wait a while and perhaps it will fix itself... yeah i know, not likely, but im not sure what else to do. Thanks for your help though!
Rab
Administrator

« #5 : March 31, 2009, 05:45:22 PM »

albinobritt,
you can try it again, we tuned a little bit on the login logic, there are chances that you can now login successfully. I hope at least.  :)
Detlaxe

« #6 : May 07, 2009, 01:08:10 AM »

I have also encountered the same problems. I checked the firewall and it is "unblocked" and registered to be allowed. Internet is perfect, although i did not reinstall it but i doubt it has to do with that. I hope this gets fixed, yall seem like u did a very nice job with this game.
Rab
Administrator

« #7 : May 07, 2009, 06:50:25 AM »

Detlaxe,
please check if UDP protocol is not blocked in your firewall. Other than most internet applications, AChat uses that protocol...
Detlaxe

« #8 : May 11, 2009, 10:24:47 PM »

Detlaxe,
please check if UDP protocol is not blocked in your firewall. Other than most internet applications, AChat uses that protocol...

I do not see UDP in the firewall how do i find it and add it to the unblocked list? i have checked it but did not exist on the list
Rab
Administrator

« #9 : May 12, 2009, 12:17:44 AM »

Usually it's in the router's settings, if you are behind one.
Are you behind a router, or how do you connect to the net?
Detlaxe

« #10 : May 12, 2009, 09:01:08 PM »

I am behind a router but its a shared one
Rab
Administrator

« #11 : May 13, 2009, 12:16:47 AM »

You don't have access to the router's settings? Maybe the administrator disabled UDP connections, please contact him.
vinicius
: 2

« #12 : May 10, 2010, 12:59:06 PM »

Im starting to wonder if it isn't a firewall problem. Im not very tech savvy but I do understand enough to change the settings of the firewall, like you have suggested. I am going to wait a while and perhaps it will fix itself... yeah i know, not likely, but im not sure what else to do. Thanks for your help though!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: