*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Filter Option
« previous next »
: [1]
: Filter Option  ( 7285 )
Nympho
: 5

« : July 22, 2011, 06:18:58 PM »

Hi all. I wanted to share a Idea i had last night. Mostlikely every girl knows it, that spamming when u are not in a room. That goes so far that i go with good Friends into a room only to chat undisturbed with them. Is it maybe possible to make filter Options for the Chat? Maybe only Friends, Lovers, Premiums, Boys or Girls at the moment. That would help me to hold the overview over my Chat. I dont know how much People i ignore everyday cause they are spamming me in the hope i will go to room with them.

Greets Nympho
Keiko
: 316

Independent Fashion Designer

« #1 : July 22, 2011, 06:55:24 PM »

Welcome to the forums, Nympho! I agree with you and the invite spamming has been an ongoing issue that has been discussed here before. Like you just mentioned with the option to filter invites only from people on your friends list, I would love to see that. It can get quite overwhelming at times when you're trying to do things and random invites keep slapping you in the face, lol

apollo13nut
: 262

« #2 : July 22, 2011, 08:24:44 PM »

I could swear this was brought up before...I think we tied it to an "invisible" mode where you are online but still show up as offline.
Keiko
: 316

Independent Fashion Designer

« #3 : July 22, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »

I could swear this was brought up before...I think we tied it to an "invisible" mode where you are online but still show up as offline.
I remember you posting a thread about something similar, Apollo. About selective ignoring only room invites but still keeping the ability to chat open.

Nympho

« #4 : July 23, 2011, 02:42:18 AM »

Thanks for the welcome Keiko. Im glad somebody experienced the same. Sometimes my Chat runs so fast that i cant follow the chating with my Friends. That is when i need this Filter to just get messages from Friends, Lovers or Spouse.

Or Maybe an Status Option, where u can set Away with a Message that u can write. Sometimes it would help me too. As example u put the Status button on, and write in the Message "Im just chilling only wanna Chat some right now". And everybody who writes u get the Message, it would help in this Moment that some people arent sad that i dont answer. I would love to answer everybody but sometimes its anoying ...
« : July 23, 2011, 02:57:20 AM Nympho »
Bear
: 3856

« #5 : July 23, 2011, 11:54:57 AM »

welcome Nympho" (why does that handle sound delicious  ::))

Apollo is correct we talked of a few options that would be nice...a chat only filter certainly one of those. I doubt invisible mode will ever come to be.... it is too important to give a presence of numbers to attract new players. Perhaps an invisible mode on the sign in at least to respond to messages or change wardrobe, edit character...shop...but limits on actual interchange with members active would be likely.

Certainly anyone with an understanding of the chat  flow would appreciate the fact you might not be able to respond to everyone. I t took a month for me to catch the attention of one person... and that led to a rather long and wonderfully intense relationship.

Don't stress on the need to  satisfy everyone with a response. Find some selection in the situation and engage with those who truly interest you. If one irritates you,  ignore them... helps limit some of the pointless banter you have no interest in.

TightFit74
: 2415

« #6 : July 24, 2011, 03:29:44 AM »

Welcome Nympho,

I do have to agree with Bear on the most parts, but something us guys don't experience too often, is what girls have regularly. They get so mny chat requests, simple "hi"'s etc, that their chatwindow fills up too quickly. They don't even get the chance to read what a friend wrote, because 10 or 15 lines of text were added already.

I can very much imagine that is very frustrating and I have offered refuge before to a friend who just wanted some peace (which she got after we played intensively :D ). The thing is, the people who are sending the message don't know the other person is busy. Maybe it would work if they could give us a 'quick-reply'- button telling someone you are busy, wthout having to go through the trouble of 'politely' telling it yourself? That could speed up chat and lessen the amount of messages received.

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Nympho

« #7 : July 30, 2011, 07:14:22 PM »

Welcome Nympho,

I do have to agree with Bear on the most parts, but something us guys don't experience too often, is what girls have regularly. They get so mny chat requests, simple "hi"'s etc, that their chatwindow fills up too quickly. They don't even get the chance to read what a friend wrote, because 10 or 15 lines of text were added already.

I can very much imagine that is very frustrating and I have offered refuge before to a friend who just wanted some peace (which she got after we played intensively :D ). The thing is, the people who are sending the message don't know the other person is busy. Maybe it would work if they could give us a 'quick-reply'- button telling someone you are busy, wthout having to go through the trouble of 'politely' telling it yourself? That could speed up chat and lessen the amount of messages received.

First thanks for the welcomes :)

Tight is saying excatly what i tried to say. Sometimes i cant even read what my friends write because my chat is running to fast.
tigershark
: 33

« #8 : July 31, 2011, 01:59:30 PM »

I think the most annoying part is the cold invites which we all get...it would be nice if they could make it so you would have to have at least some kind of interaction before the invite...tho for some with rape fetishes the cold works well...I dont think every hello is spamming....spamming would be the hellos to 20 people that when responded to end in ....Im Busy, etc etc etc....I like your filter idea but I also know after years of being an online chatter, there are many people I have met that if I had a friends only filter up...I wouldve missed out on meeting some great friends....at the risk of being an asshole and Im not advertising for any of the ''social'' 3d chats...but when I joined ACHAT it was clearly laid out...this is a chat designed SOLELY with the intent of bringing folks together for SEX, not comparing recipes or room color choices...it seems many are using ACHAT to socialize and tho youre free to do what ya want..its your life, might I suggest that if your goal is socializing...there are other programs you can use for that.

At best good or bad, the best you can ever expect people to be, are people.
Nympho

« #9 : August 01, 2011, 05:11:49 AM »

Sure as I started to use achat I didn't think about socializing .... Cause its made for sex. But if you use it longer some friendships build up from themself. And then we are again at the beginning of this idea here.  ;D
Bear
: 3856

« #10 : August 01, 2011, 02:03:36 PM »

Yes sex oriented, but there is still a high amount of social activity here. Many don't jump into sex without some degree of comfort and familiarity. Some more so than others.

Runeman70
: 4

« #11 : August 02, 2011, 11:17:58 AM »

First thanks for the welcomes :)

Tight is saying excatly what i tried to say. Sometimes i cant even read what my friends write because my chat is running to fast.

I've been using Achat for about 4 months and I've never had a big problem with this...but the point here is that I'm not a girl.

Considering that the chat window is just 5 lines long (at least it is in my 'puter) I can see that this could become a problem...you'd lose track of replies and you'd probably have to chat with history toggled, which can be pretty annoying.

My longest chain of "hi"s has been 4, so I'm quite sure that anyone getting more (and if this works as any other chat girls will be getting double or triple that number) would be quite annoyed.

I must also admit that I've ended up socializing a lot on Achat, so maybe a tab-based chat systems could help? I'm not a big fan of filters, but with this system you could isolate your chats pretty easily...

That said, I'm very happy with the community here...I've met some very nice people and I've really had a lot of fun
: [1]  
« previous next »
: