*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Busy State
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: What do you think of the new busy states?
Great, I've been wanting this for a long time.   -9 (40.9%)
It's nice.   -8 (36.4%)
I don't care.   -0 (0%)
I don't like it (please specify why in a post).   -5 (22.7%)
: 21

: Busy State  ( 26533 )
Rukya
: 2891

Paddle Queen

« #15 : February 07, 2012, 05:05:22 PM »

I'm getting the impression that people are miss understanding the purpose of this button's creation. Obviously blocking all incoming messages and invites while you are actively engaging with people on AChat is unhelpful and ridiculous. But when you go to the bathroom, take out the trash, edit your profile and wardrobe, or minimize the window to browse the internet, this button comes in handy.

As for the button that blocks all incoming messages and invites from free users only, I don't believe this function will have a deep impact on preventing people from "meeting new people." You can still receive messages and invite from premium users. Free users can still engage in conversation with other free users or premiums who are active. If free users don't want to be blocked, they should just upgrade. I don't believe in this notion of discriminating against free users. As premium members, we pay pay to access privileged content and to share experiences with other premium users. There is no purpose in paying for a subscription if non paying members benefit from the same content we do. (Excluding those who rely on gifts from others to support their subscriptions) I understand some members are unable to upgrade due to financial difficulties but I think AChat already gives free users more access to adult content than most other adult sites.

And most of all, if none of these reasons are useful, you don't have to use the button at all. I doubt all premium users will be abusing this new feature by blocking everyone. After all, the purpose of this game it to meet new people, make friends and have fun. I just think this "busy" button is a way to "control the chaos."

i agree with you its usefull in the cases you say , but then this mean when youre in bathroom you make wait only premiums lol ;D

for free users i'm not sure its good to have only the possibility to talk to free users , i dont pay for be only with premiums , and i think many premiums will use it cause many have no free users or no colds in their profile
« : February 07, 2012, 05:10:55 PM Rukya »

STOP TO FAVORIZE THE MF ORIENTATION , FF PAY THE SAME PRICE THAN THEM AS ALL OTHERS ORIENTATIONS !!!!
TightFit74
: 2415

« #16 : February 07, 2012, 05:27:35 PM »

I haven't voted for the option I want isn't there.. For me this is a work in progress. 1st thing that hould change is the colour that is displayed when you have set busy state. It is the same is being in a room and it gives the wrong signal. It should definitly show a different color.

Secondly I think the options for setting busy state are too limited although it does meet the request we made for this button. I'd like to also see the possibility to be able to still chat wth friends/lovers/etc. but blocked for others..

That free users are now blocked by a number of paying members, should increase memberships and I see no problem with it. Just another perk that seperates paying members from free members, an incentive for free users to become a member. Though some might lose interets because they are not able to approach the ones they want to talk to.

I do want to say that is is an ovbious example that our requests are read and implemeted if technically possible. Thank a-team, nice job so far!

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #17 : February 07, 2012, 05:33:54 PM »

I agree whit the idea of a different colour for the busy mode.......there are some really oppressive peoples here (i had meet one.......maaaan, what a pain!) and identify busy from room is really usefull

Janine Dee
: 2541

« #18 : February 08, 2012, 12:57:07 AM »

I haven't had a chance to take it for a test run yet, but from what it sounds like I can already say "What Keiko said."

It's not meant to be used all the time, but as circumstances warrant. If anything building in too many more options might make it that hindrance people seem afraid of. As it is right now it just gives you some control over how deluged you can be, which is what I know I wanted.

I may have more once I try it, but from what everyone is saying the only fix I'm probably going to suggest is the change of color, but for the initial implement the yellow makes perfect sense.

And as far as the frees... they exist off the money premiums spend since that what keeps AChat up and running. So giving me the right to decide whether or not I care to bother with them from moment to moment is wonderful to me.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
CondomGirl
: 93

A condom loving girl from Germany...

« #19 : February 08, 2012, 07:23:04 AM »

I consider the new tool quite useful.

I also do agree with the main suggestions that there should be a few more options like blocking text and invitations seperately from each other and the option to allow only friends to contact me.

I don't consider blocking free users entirely too harsh. I won't use this option permanently but at certain times when I have a lot messages coming in it might help lessen the stress. And in calm times I will also answer nice messages of free users.

Anyway I still give myself the freedom not to answer messages from anyone (premium or free) that just say "hi" or "wanna fuck?".

Daniela
MAXPAYNE
: 3

« #20 : February 08, 2012, 09:24:22 AM »

hello, to all

this option good  but me no like busy for free user totally..... change in ignore invitation in room  of free users but free user can chat whit all...
This helps our members to meet new people and achat helps to encourage new members to subscribe
sexilicious
: 2755

« #21 : February 08, 2012, 01:19:04 PM »

like a couple of people have said it would be nice to have the option of just letting friends, lovers, and spouses message you while the others are ignored for however long the person would like to just talk with those people. I know I for one love getting on just to chat with some friends, lovers, and spouses, but I'm not looking for any action or I wouldn't go for the action while carrying on a conversation with these special people I have made relationships with online. Honestly, sometimes I get annoyed when I'm having such a delightful conversation catching up with these people and having others trying to basically pick me up while I'm talking so would be nice to have that busy button while i'm talking to the people I've designated a relationship with on the game.

Rukya

Paddle Queen

« #22 : February 08, 2012, 01:55:28 PM »

i think the only option i could use (maybe) is the full busy for all . But i dont really need , my own "busy mode" is enough effective , and even if some send me an invit , short time after they send "sorry , have'nt noticed the pumpkin"  ;D

STOP TO FAVORIZE THE MF ORIENTATION , FF PAY THE SAME PRICE THAN THEM AS ALL OTHERS ORIENTATIONS !!!!
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #23 : February 08, 2012, 06:28:09 PM »

Okay, one problem with busy state is you need to reset it each time you log in.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
NewGurl
: 433

« #24 : February 08, 2012, 09:03:12 PM »

I voted I dont like it. The reason being I have some friends that were prem users and cause of financial concerns lost their memberships. The block free users option blocks them too. since they have a blue star cause they were prem. you dont know who will be blocked or not. I will only use it to change clothes, nothing else
Rukya

Paddle Queen

« #25 : February 08, 2012, 09:28:01 PM »

true its a good reason too for not use the option who block free users i had forgot this  ;D

TightFit74
: 2415

« #26 : February 09, 2012, 03:34:17 AM »

I have been in these almost 18 months, I have made firneds, found people that I care for and am intimate with. With some the relationship stretches beyond AChat. The argument that free users should not be blocked isn't completely valid in my eyes.

I decided to be even more scrutenous before accepting more friends. For the simple reason that I can get swamped at times when a lot of them are online. I want to talk to them all, or just talk to that one special person. If I am open for the whole community to approach, things can become unmanagable. Lol, though I have learned to juggle more as one conversation at the time. Who said men can't multitask ;D

To each their own choice wether they want tp use it or not. I do hope that the options takes away a big bulk of the cold invites.. If one thing would help in making this more effective, is to read offline messages as soon as you reenter the big swimming pool. Meaning, if you've been busy and someone sent you a message, you have to log out and back in before you can read it. So if I am changing in a room and reenter AChat, I would have to log out to see what messages I missed. If I could read them straight away, it would be easier to find the person after you changed or altered your busy state...

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #27 : February 09, 2012, 03:53:09 AM »

mmmmhh, Tight, from my experience whit the busy button, i can tell you this: 2 days ago a free user friend had try to contact me, but i had block all the free users cause i'm probably chatting or something else (don't remember!). i dunno if he try to send me a private message, so i don't know if it works like when we are in room. i usualy relog when i leave the room to see if i have message, but.....why we had to do it!? isn't possible to load new message or friendship request whitout doing it!?

i'd really like to have an answer from Tom, to know if dev-team had ever think about this option.
« : February 09, 2012, 04:19:48 AM hentaiboy69 »

Lover
: 10350

« #28 : February 09, 2012, 04:13:21 AM »

I can't answer for Tom HB, but I'm pretty sure there has to be a logoff to reset and restart the system to get messages and friends request.

prias
: 317

« #29 : February 09, 2012, 04:47:57 AM »

It's quite a good idea but it misses an option "available for known contact (friend, lover, spouse) only"

The "busy for all user" is not a bad idea when you're AFK for any reason, but the colour should be different to show that you're not available.
: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
: