*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Suggestion: Partner / User notes
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Suggestion: Partner / User notes  ( 12197 )
SquirrelDee
: 43

ICQ Messenger - 9425478 MSN Messenger - squirrel_dee@yahoo.de
« : April 27, 2012, 05:23:52 AM »

.. a feature i often missed: There is no possibility to add some additional information to the Users in Partner search / Friendslist.
In my opinion it youtd be nice if you can add some personal notes (locally saved - like for example the ignore list) to people in Partner Search list / Friendslist.. Would be nice to note down things like his / her personal preferences, intentions, name - and maybe some other things we talked about ..

I am doing this at the moment ia standalone database.. but I think it is no problem to implement that feature in A-Chat. Is there any reason why such a feature is not included ?

Community, share your opinions regarding this issue, please  ;)

Bless you,

Dee
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #1 : April 27, 2012, 06:00:05 AM »

Let me see if i understand what u mean, Dee....

You would like to hae the chance to apply for a partner search using proflie reference, like, dunno, "I like to chat end mee new friends!" or something similar!? mmmmhh, profile description are so vague and sometimes empty....i dunno what to think if this is yopur idea!

SquirrelDee

« #2 : April 27, 2012, 06:14:09 AM »

Thanks for your reply, mate!

No - you missunderstood me. I just like some additional notes to wite down for specific users.. nothing that modifies the search engine like adding more query options.

Just like: View a users Profile - then i would like to have an additional Button "Notes" - and a simple Text plugin that opens when you click it to note down / read some additional  - private - informaton for the selected user. Only for yourself.

To keep it private, just store this information locally on your machine - like the chatlog or the ignore list are already handeled by A-Chat.

Did that explaination make clear what i have in mind ?

Cheers!

Dee
Adera
: 3047

« #3 : April 27, 2012, 06:16:38 AM »

Good idea SquirrelDee, i would be nice to have the option to put some personal notes on people. I guess this feature isn't there because they simply haven't thought about it yet.

@Hentaiboy: I'm afraid you misunderstood his idea.
SquirrelDee

« #4 : April 27, 2012, 06:21:07 AM »

Good idea SquirrelDee, i would be nice to have the option to put some personal notes on people. I guess this feature isn't there because they simply haven't thought about it yet.

@Hentaiboy: I'm afraid you misunderstood his idea.

@Adera - Thanks.. thats exacly what I mean - did I describe that idea too .. complicated ? Sorry fo that :-)
Adera
: 3047

« #5 : April 27, 2012, 06:28:54 AM »

I didn't find it complicated.
hentaiboy69

« #6 : April 27, 2012, 07:58:19 AM »

My bad, cause i was a little in a hurry and read it a little wrong.

The idea it's nice, but is it really necessary!? all you need, sometimes, is just a pen and some paper........but i admit it make things easy and a little bit faster.
At last, it's a good suggestion, but not a priority, in my opinion!

Lover
: 10350

« #7 : April 27, 2012, 12:26:57 PM »

It's a good idea if you could open a pop up with room for own notes. Of course it has to be on your local comp, like chatlog and other files.

medjai
: 415

« #8 : April 27, 2012, 03:02:17 PM »

I like the idea too, sometimes it's hard remebreing all details a person share with you, names first....I already called a girl with onother name once...you can imagine how pissed she was  :P
SquirrelDee

« #9 : April 27, 2012, 05:33:26 PM »

Medjay, mate thats exacty the kind of data that i would like to save in the notes .. like name, what the partner likes or dislikes, etc.. I am using AChat for nearly a year now.. but I just had a long break - was not online for about 3 months.. Nice to see that I still have a lot of friends.. Sad to see that I forgot facts they told me.. Like the first name for example .. Same thing that happened to you happened to me - ".I already called a girl with onother name once..." Ouch!

Well .. writing down is a brilliant Idea.. (@hentaiboy) but I do not keep my post-it notes over a year so I decided to store some data in a separate file.. Would be even nicer if A-Chat itself would store those informations as well :-)

*blush*
Dee
hentaiboy69

« #10 : April 28, 2012, 01:34:49 AM »

I know what you mean, Dee.......i have a totally mess around my pc desk and it will be so easy to lost a piece of paper!

but please, don't touch my mess, cause anyway, it's well organized! ......  well, sort of!   :P

susana4love
: 9

MSN Messenger - susana4love@hotmail.com
« #11 : May 03, 2012, 05:25:14 PM »

Some add at your suggestion Dee..

Maybe a web profile with more information about us would be amazing. Also a blog or a album.....

Days are too busy, hours are too few,
seconds are too fast but there is always
a time for me to say hello & good luck
for a friend. Smile & enjoy life!
hentaiboy69

« #12 : May 04, 2012, 01:57:32 AM »

uhhmmmm, i had see something similar to other games like achat susana, but here i don't see an urge for it.

better have a pop up windows on profile to add more information about yourself, i think it's really usefull and really easy and faster to read.

james_dean
: 128

Tonight, it's bottoms up!

« #13 : May 04, 2012, 07:53:41 AM »

New to the forum so forgive me if this might be the wrong place to post this.   Along the lines of user notes..  is there a way to have some sort of indicator on the general search results (right hand screen) if a user is already in your friend/lover/spouse list?  Something similar to the green "online" or blue star "premium" indicator.  Maybe like a F, L, or SP indicator?

thanks for reading :)

Live... Laugh... Love...    OR..   Load..   Aim..  Shoot!
hentaiboy69

« #14 : May 04, 2012, 08:01:23 AM »

Well, james_dean, at the moment it's not possible! but i have to admit it will be a good and really appreciated upgrade! well done!

oops, i forget...wellcome in the home of madness!

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: