*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  iPad version
« previous next »
: [1]
: iPad version  ( 4928 )
Rui_Marques
: 4

« : December 01, 2012, 10:36:11 AM »

It would be great having an ipad Achat 3d version. Just think about being able to use full touch gestures to control caracters and poses. And using a wide spread platform for increasing users.  It would be even better to have the same account in both system.
apollo13nut
: 262

« #1 : December 29, 2012, 01:29:58 PM »

There was already a discussion on this. First of all, Apple would never allow such an app. Second, there are ways to play the game on an iPad. There is a remote desktop system called LogMeIn that you can load on a desktop and then load on your iPad. Basically, your iPad becomes a remote control, but you can still play the game with it. Another option would OnLive Desktop, but the required service plan is still not being offered. For $10/mo (yes, it's a subscription), you get a Windows 7 computer that loads optimized for iPad, and you can add your own apps. But OnLive still does not offer that plan (says "Coming Soon" but has said that for over a year).

One last option would be Windows 8. Since Windows 8 is designed for touchscreens/tablets, perhaps install AChat on a Windows 8 laptop/tablet hybrid. Unfortunately, from what I've seen (but not sure since I don't own one) AChat cannot be installed on the RT tablets such as Microsoft Surface because there is no desktop, only the metro interface.
JemStar
: 31

ICQ Messenger - 109666319 AOL Instant Messenger - JrzyGirl79
« #2 : January 01, 2013, 12:16:26 PM »

Im glad Im not the only person who felt this would be a good idea...

Tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky! - Dr. Suess
apollo13nut
: 262

« #3 : January 05, 2013, 10:08:08 PM »

While I know this thread is specifically about the Apple iPad, I know there are several threads about tablets in general. One option that will be available soon would be the Intel Microsoft Surface Pro (Runs FULL Windows 8 Pro) which will allow the installation of desktop apps, such as AChat. The Surface Pro is available in a 64GB ($899.99 MSRP) and a 128GB model ($999.99 MSRP)...both come with a type cover (black only) and a pen.

Another option along the same lines would be find Windows "slate" tablets that run full versions of Windows 7 and upgrade them to Windows 8 (if it runs 7, it will run 8). An example of a "slate" is the HP Slate and HP Slate 2. Used HP Slate tablets can be found on eBay for under $400...If you want a Windows Tablet, it MUST have an Intel processor and run Windows 8 Pro...Windows 8 RT WILL NOT RUN ACHAT!!!
Kingdustin
: 598

« #4 : January 05, 2013, 10:31:54 PM »

thats an interesting idea, but i would prefer a hands free A chat. how about voice controlled lol.

true beauty lies in great friendship =)
: [1]  
« previous next »
: