*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Upcoming feature: advanced, flexible identity handling
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: Name & sex should be changeable or not?
changeable, leave as is   -3 (21.4%)
fix please, set it at reg, no more change   -6 (42.9%)
fix, but I need A$ gifting for second account   -5 (35.7%)
: 12

: Upcoming feature: advanced, flexible identity handling  ( 23949 )
Rab
Administrator
: 111

« : November 17, 2009, 03:33:43 AM »

We are curious, what do you think about the changing of the name and sex in AChat.
Please vote.
Rab
« : December 03, 2009, 02:21:04 AM Rab »
Nicoquin
: 159

« #1 : November 17, 2009, 04:00:35 AM »

hi !

Thanks guys for polling AChat users !

I voted for fix, but need $Achat for change it ;)
especially for switching sex, changing name could be free (or limited to 3 change free)

Nicoquin

Nicoquin, happy premium user and husband of Friskette
AChat is for fun, not for business !!!
go to hell, you A$ seekers
Rab
Administrator

« #2 : November 17, 2009, 04:11:41 AM »

Hi Nico,

I meant fix, but you would be able to give an A$ gift (transfer A$) to another account, in case if your friend or yourself have another account (possibly eg. with other name) also.

One more note, in case of fixing it, the name inside AChat would be the same as your login name.

Rab
« : November 17, 2009, 04:13:48 AM Rab »
Nicoquin
: 159

« #3 : November 17, 2009, 04:19:31 AM »

thanks Rab,

gifting $AChat would be great !
(then, maybe we also can transfer "friend list" if it comes and "ignore list")

Nicoquin.

Nicoquin, happy premium user and husband of Friskette
AChat is for fun, not for business !!!
go to hell, you A$ seekers
Tharvun
: 75

« #4 : November 17, 2009, 05:13:47 AM »

Hi,

I like to have this fixed to. Especially the sex of a user. It is a real nasty surprise if you chatted fe to a girl and after some time you  use the lower left nenue-list to select her again, click the "?" and find out that "she" is a man now. As I told here often I dont have any problems with guys playing girls roles or the other way round but they should stick to their role.

Another thing is the name. Now its too easy to change your name and many do this quite often, so I think this should be stopped too.

BUT:
I think it would be very important to give evey user one time the chance to change the name and sex.

Reason:
You often register with a name that sounds either funny or not sexy or that contains information about you, you dont want to share. So there should be the option for a one time change in name. I would perfer to have this in the game itself (after the log in), but if this is not possible for technical reasons, it would be ok when logging in or if this is not possible at least during registration., (fe a question like: "Under which name shall your avatar be displayed in the members list).

The same thing for the sex. I dont want to hinder anybody to play the game with the kind of sex he/she likes to play.

And another thing:
What will happen to the "old" users? The useres registered before the change in the system. I think it would be ok if they cannot change either. But I think it would be a real mess, if you set their names back to their log in names. I think this should not happen. I fear that quite some nice and lovely ladies (and boys too) will get some very strange names. This should not happen although not a problem for me, as my name here is the same as in the game and this is my login name too.

So if this would happen, if the old charakter will get their names set back to the login name, I would change my vote and think leave it like it is.

Tharvun
« : September 15, 2019, 07:01:06 AM tom »
Rab
Administrator

« #5 : November 17, 2009, 05:55:05 AM »

"What will happen to the "old" users?"
Old users can be fixed with the current settings, the name and the sex also. In that case, no conversion of name to the login-name would occur.

But this is only a poll for now, we'll announce it when it comes to implementation.

Rab
Florent
: 137

« #6 : November 17, 2009, 07:58:43 AM »

One more note, in case of fixing it, the name inside AChat would be the same as your login name.

Well it would be a problem for me, as my login name is a « code »  i'm using for a lot of website, when my achat name is simply my first name. When I first start to use achat, I wasn't sure I would appreciate it, that's why I didn't use my real first name...

Anyway, I don't think it's a problem that an user is able to change its name. But I think it would be good to not be able to change sex. Once you choosed one, you keep it, and that's all !
Ninni
: 47

« #7 : November 17, 2009, 10:20:22 AM »

I like it, better you cant change your name and sex, just do it one time and thats it. So many guys change their name for an other approach and as i am not a friend of the ignore list its sometimes hard to figure it out. So a yes to both: One name, one sex no changes.
Willyco
: 97

« #8 : November 17, 2009, 01:19:50 PM »

if I can suggest a variant, more difficult but more flexibile, make more integration from website and chat... make connect the registration account name with all the identities that will used from that user and make a search page that show from an identity the real account name and from it show all the identities that will use...

I prefere this possibility for 2 causes...
1 the possibility to change name and sex gender remain freely, but for the users can be easy to verify the truth and ask explications if he/she need it
2 if this mood will be applicate, I can verify something that I suspect  about the identity of someone  :P (and no... isn't the identity of little danny   ;D)

in every case, I haven't opposition about the guys that use female character and vice versa... only I like the honesty and someone know that is the truth    :-*

(you can see... my preferred language is the italian, sorry for my bad english  ;-)
Dannyello
: 188

« #9 : November 17, 2009, 03:04:42 PM »

Yes ,yes,yes,fix but the login name should not necessarily be the same with the name you have in play. We can choose a nickname(one).For diversity we have options "SEXUAL ORIENTATIONS","CHARACTER TYPE","FAVORITE GAMES";we can change them any time,when we want.
Tharvun
: 75

« #10 : November 17, 2009, 05:48:17 PM »

@Willico
i am not sure what you mean.

If you may want to be able to find all the accounts that come from a certain computer I would object. This is not spygame here. And in many cases a computer is used by more than one person. This should not be publically known i think. And i know of some girls who have a male charakter as a "snopper" to look who is online when they dont want to be bothered by the whole male comunity and insted waiting for a friend. If you would make it possible to find this out this little trick wont be possible too. And third I am against any kind of possible spying here in the game. I understand and support the idea that names and sex cannot be changed but i will not support any kind of options allowing users to find out a detailed map of their fellow users maybe with login dates and IP adresses and all this.

And as i said before nobody should know real account names if the user does not want this this is a dont need to know for other people.

No keep it nice and simple (no research here).

Willico: If you mean to keep track of any name or sex change a certain profile has undergone thats something different but I would prefer the more easy way proposed by Tom and Rab.

Maybe I misunderstood your intentions - as we both are not english native speakers. If so sorry for my words, but i am totally and a little paranoid against any kind of surveillance.

Tharvun

bobbler

« #11 : November 17, 2009, 06:52:32 PM »

Sex should not be changeable.

You should be allowed to change your name but only with administration's approval.
Willyco
: 97

« #12 : November 17, 2009, 08:47:59 PM »

@Willico
i am not sure what you mean.

If you may want to be able to find all the accounts that come from a certain computer I would object. This is not spygame here. And in many cases a computer is used by more than one person. This should not be publically known i think. And i know of some girls who have a male charakter as a "snopper" to look who is online when they dont want to be bothered by the whole male comunity and insted waiting for a friend. If you would make it possible to find this out this little trick wont be possible too. And third I am against any kind of possible spying here in the game. I understand and support the idea that names and sex cannot be changed but i will not support any kind of options allowing users to find out a detailed map of their fellow users maybe with login dates and IP adresses and all this.

And as i said before nobody should know real account names if the user does not want this this is a dont need to know for other people.

No keep it nice and simple (no research here).

Willico: If you mean to keep track of any name or sex change a certain profile has undergone thats something different but I would prefer the more easy way proposed by Tom and Rab.

Maybe I misunderstood your intentions - as we both are not english native speakers. If so sorry for my words, but i am totally and a little paranoid against any kind of surveillance.

Tharvun

no Tharvun, I don't want trace all the connections from a certain computer... I only want make visible all the identities used from a certain account... it's easy to do it without spyware or trace some ip or date of the connections...

I make an example to be more knowable:
I have a certain login name and password, when I use it, I log-in in game and the server allow me to use my registered options, with every name that I want to use it, this is a fact...
I only propose to make a list of all the names that I was used.
From a research in the page of the comunity, for all the identities (make attention.. a singular user can have more identities using the same Username and password to log-in), make possible to have the User name and from the User name make possible to have a list of all the Identities used from this User

I know that can be a little hard to accept it, but this way make possible have 2 or more different accounts to enter in the chat for all the real people but make more polite and politically correct the use of the chat, without lost the possibility to change the sex and the name of the avatar if you want (and for the admins, maybe can create more premium users if who have a premium account with a male character and want create an other account where can be a female with premium options too without let see to the other users that the 2 accounts with different identities are managed from the same real person)

I ask it because I want can know the history of the identities of an account without lost the option to change freely gender and names.

I don't change my name and sex from the first week that I'm a registered user, but I want respect the possibility to do it for the users that love do it...
For me the freedom to do what we want is most important and I don't want force to fix the name and the gender or some other facetes of our profiles but I love clearness and I need a way to follow the changes of identities of a users...
if someone want mantain 2 or more accounts and use it to have a male or a female character is good for me, let me only a way to follow the changes of an account...

for this reasons I vote to mantain free the changeable of name and sex

this is only my opinion, I hope to have explicated it better than the first time  :P :P :P
« : November 17, 2009, 09:06:52 PM Willyco »

(you can see... my preferred language is the italian, sorry for my bad english  ;-)
Sandyspinner
: 51

« #13 : November 18, 2009, 01:41:02 AM »

Heya everyone,
I think it should be fixed to only one name!

Willico wow I got a papercut your reply had pages.. :)

O I enjoy gifts :)

SandySpinner- Made with help of Robot boy/girl-soon u
Louna
: 45

« #14 : November 18, 2009, 08:18:07 AM »

Name and Sex should not be changeable ;-)
I mean Same name in Achat,Same name in Forum and same sex everywhere. You want change sex? try appointment with surgeon ;-)

Louna the Morbid Girl ;-)

Have fun at the cemetery ;-)
: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
: