*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  RIP J. J. Cale
« previous next »
: [1]
: RIP J. J. Cale  ( 3266 )
Lover
: 10350

« : July 27, 2013, 03:20:21 PM »

Yesterday, J.J. Cale died . He was 74 years old. Many won't know his name but his music. He wrote "Cocaine" and "After Midnight" and has influenced musicians like Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, Johnny Cash and many more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JJ_Cale

Meet old friends now and and play the blues.

jayc
: 1600

« #1 : July 27, 2013, 11:52:30 PM »

J. J. Cale was a great song writer and not bad  on guitar himself  ;)

have a listen, here he is perfoming with Eric Clapton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8uk7vlk0sE

R.I.P. J.J.
DexMandrake
: 20

« #2 : September 26, 2013, 08:34:51 PM »

Hello Lover ~  It has been awhile since I have been to the "forum" section of this site.  I must admit,  did not expect to see a tribute to J.J. Cale here, but I am so grateful that you posted one!  J.J.'s music has enriched my life in ways that I do not feel I can describe in words.  I have seen him many time and have also had the good fortune to have met him, talked to him, helped him and his band find food in Raleigh NC in the wee hours of the morning, and of course had him sign most of my album and CDs!  Also, I have a dear friend who passed on back in the 1990s who shared a back-up band with J.J. for a brief portion of his career.  It was through this connection that my friend acquired J.J.'s famous drum-machine that appears on many of his albums and demos.  I consider it a holy relic!  Anyway, thank you for the post.  It warmed my heart.  And for those of you who don't know his music, I highly recommend "Naturally" and "Troubador" to get you started!  Peace and Love ~  Dex
Lover
: 10350

« #3 : September 27, 2013, 01:22:20 AM »

You're welcome Dex. Thanks for your infos. It must be great to have a holy relic from someone you appreciate so much

: [1]  
« previous next »
: