*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Unstable software
« previous next »
: [1]
: Unstable software  ( 4162 )
FrankPearl
: 5

« : December 03, 2009, 01:57:21 PM »

I have found the software to be unstable. Sometimes it works and sometimes it crashes. I believe that the problem is my system, or more likely my internet connection, and I am investigating the possible causes. I am not sure whether my ISP supports the port that Achat uses properly, and that might be the problem.

However, I would like to ask if anyone else sees stability problems, or does the software work fine for you?
Willyco
: 97

« #1 : December 03, 2009, 03:42:22 PM »

describe us your problems... and add your hardware and software configurations

in the recent past someone have meet problems for different causes, my problems depends probably from some firefox interference... Sandy had problems with a corrupted installation and sosorita had problems for the video card drivers... if you have problems during the launch of the application, probably your problems are from an interaction to your achat installation with some other program... search to start your achat before of other programs...
if your problem is during the game, maybe is a problem bound at your video card or video drivers...

in every case, a reinstall can be a good idea  ;-)

obviusly you don't lost nothing of your account, your data are in the server

(you can see... my preferred language is the italian, sorry for my bad english  ;-)
Huntervai
: 4

« #2 : December 06, 2009, 02:47:02 AM »

I've had a few issues when trying to start the program. it will occasionally crash while loading, but I haven't had any further problems while the program is running. though, this issue is likely related to my connection to the internet.
 so,aside from the occasional graphical issue everything else is fine.

is this the same thing you're experiencing? or is your issue different?
FrankPearl
: 5

« #3 : December 07, 2009, 10:47:57 PM »

I shifted over to OpenDNS and I am getting better performance. I would be happy to consider any  other ideas for improved connection performance if anyone has tested connection issues.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: