*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Chatting problem
« previous next »
: [1]
: Chatting problem  ( 4440 )
Susanne
: 19

« : December 15, 2009, 11:58:56 AM »

Hi once again,

i would like to tell about a problem, that i have, and thats gets more harder and harder.
The problem is, when i try to chat with several users at the same time. 2 or 3 ist still not a big problem. But when it gets to 5+ it really starts to confuse me, and i can no longer answer all....i even often forget to tell some of them, that im busy chatting with someone else. So i would like to post some possible solutions to start a discussion about this:

- "busy button": when chatting with three users, i would like to have a busy button, so that anybody else, who wants to try to chat with me is warned, that im busy, but maybe can override this warning, when it is really important to him/her.

- fullscreen chat window: this, i would like the most....it is often hard when you chat with three users, and they send you messages at the same time...you have to scroll...and when a new message arrives, it gets you back to the bottom. When the chat would be fullscreen and not only the few lines like now, i could follow the chats more easy.

- divided chat windows: every user would generate a pop up chat window, when trying to chat with me. This would make it easier to follow the different 1on1 chats. But i think at a certain amount, this would get confusing too.

Not really connected to my problem, but another idea that i would like to see:

- Chat rooms: when you want to talk with several users at the same time, on the same topic. This could even be a possibity to the (so often) asked for group sex rooms, when you dont give to much about the animations. I really like the animations though, but sometimes they do not fit to the things i would like to do...

I know that there are a lot of people bored, because nobody wnats to talk to them. But i think some other users might know my problem. And if there would be a good solution, i would not answer "hi, sorry, busy" so much as im doing it right now.

And now please feel free to discuss  ;D
Suriban
: 10

« #1 : December 15, 2009, 02:29:34 PM »

More great ideas from Susanne  :)

I like your suggestions. I think the idea of having different tabs for different chats was brought up somewhere else on the forum too.

I think the busy button is a good idea, where if it was possible to click the name of the person sending the message (or some other way) they could be added a list of people who don't get that message when talking to you.
Meanwhile everybody else would get a polite "Sorry, I'm busy" but you could still see what they say so you know if it's someone you want to talk to.
This button wouldn't be on by default, of course (though I'm sure a lot of users would turn it on straight away :P)
It might make it more impersonal but it's one way of solving getting no replies when saying hello to somebody. It could also double as an AFK button.

I'm sympathetic to how busy girls can get on AChat but it's disheartening to get no reply. I always appreciate a "Sorry, busy" reply
bobbler

« #2 : December 15, 2009, 03:33:22 PM »

well, the simple solution would be to chat with no more than 2 people at once  ;)
and politely tell the others that you are busy & will talk to them later
Susanne
: 19

« #3 : December 15, 2009, 04:40:57 PM »

well, the simple solution would be to chat with no more than 2 people at once  ;)
and politely tell the others that you are busy & will talk to them later

I dont want to be a braggart....but my personal record were 5 people saying "hi" to me within 5 seconds....
Who knows me knows that i always try to answer....but sometimes its really hard and disturbs the chat im in immense.

P.S.: ...and im not even counting the constant cold invites.
« : December 15, 2009, 04:42:58 PM Susanne »
Peete
: 4

« #4 : December 16, 2009, 01:29:40 AM »

Hi Susanne,

I really understand what your talking about and your suggestions are for sure worth thinking about. So you have my support with this. Really good ideas.  ;)
: [1]  
« previous next »
: