*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Connection lost!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Connection lost!  ( 7040 )
xxxamandaxxx
: 2

« : January 30, 2014, 03:43:55 PM »

Hi everyone,

I have a reccuring issue while I'm on Achat, I really often (about every 5 mins) get disconnected from the server and I have to log in again. The error message says:
Connection lost! Please log in again!

My internet connection is fine, since I'm not disconnected from anything elese (like skype or facebook). Do any of you know what could be the issue?
Thanks guys ;)
Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #1 : January 30, 2014, 04:49:57 PM »

mmmm,   I do on occasions get thrown out of Achat myself and everything else seems ok,  and of course , connection is lost totally at times but then so is all my other connections.

I don't get thrown out every 5 minutes or so though.   

Check the memory space on your  PC and uninstall anything you no longer use,  uninstall all of Achat  and then re=istall the whole programme again.

Hopefully, that will cure the problem.   Let us know how you get on and Good Luck. 

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
Lover
: 10350

« #2 : January 30, 2014, 05:02:17 PM »

Helllo amanda,
some programs cause troubles with AChat. Skype is known for that, if youre using it as app in your browser. Achat is sensible with little breaks in your connection and will crash. Close all these programms and start AChat. If it works, start one programm....next one... until you know, which one is causing the troubles.
If you fixed it, please tell us here :)

xxxamandaxxx
: 2

« #3 : January 30, 2014, 07:03:16 PM »

Hi,
I did all of the things you mention pour my problem is still here, but I concluded that it must be from my internet connection because I installed Achat on another computer and their is still the problem.

I just wanted to know if achat used special ports on my router that I should maybe open?
Lover

« #4 : January 30, 2014, 07:16:36 PM »

No, usually its not necessary to open special ports. Did you try other games, eg on facebook? Are they working?
Which firewall and anti-virus software are you using? McAfee needs extra permission sometimes

n301_AC2
: 4

« #5 : February 01, 2014, 07:11:12 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm having a similar problem myself using my laptop with its internal wifi adapter.
When I use achat with ethernet, the connection is fine and never drops. However, when i use wifi, the connection in achat drops after 5 minutes or so.
No other program is interfering and wifi connectivity in the laptop is lost entirely. In fact, the only way to restore wifi connectivity is by restarting the laptop altogether. For some reason, it appears that achat is killing the wifi connectivity and I would like to ask if there's some way to configure achat network settings so that they don't put too much stress on the wifi adapter.
Many thanks in advance for your kind response and I look forward to your suggestions.
Lover

« #6 : February 01, 2014, 07:20:39 AM »

All I can say is, im using laptop and wifi too but dont have this problem. Which windows do you use? Are there any apps running simultaneously?  What if you are in another place of your room?

n301_AC2

« #7 : February 02, 2014, 10:06:16 AM »

Hi Lover,

Thanks for your response.
It's windows 7 ultimate that I'm using with the laptop.
I've tried other areas in the house where the wifi signal is stronger but unfortunately the same problem keeps happening.
The only other app I occasionally use at the same time is the web browser.
I would also like to add that other computers that are connected to the router via wifi don't lose the connection and it's just mine that is dropped when I start achat with wifi only. As I mentioned previously, everything is fine when I use the ethernet cable and I can use achat for hours without any problem.
I'd be very grateful if someone who had a similar issue in the past and has successfully dealt it knows whether there's a way to configure achat network settings somehow in order to ease the load on wifi adapters or if there's a setting I should change for the internal wifi adapter in order for it to handle the wifi connection more effectively when achat is running as well.
Many thanks once again in advance for your help and I look forward to your suggestions
Lover

« #8 : February 02, 2014, 11:58:28 AM »

Usually each router is automatically searching for the strongest connection/signal. In some you can change this and choose another channel. Did you try this?

Im using win8 now but had win xp and win7 running before without problems.
Which browser are you using? I use firefox and chrome and dont have any problems. Though i know that some apps you can install on firefox cause troubles sometimes.
Im sure everything is up to date?

Is it always same time or a general problem? Do you have more systems that are using wifi simultaneously- like cell/mobile phone, tablets, internet radios...?

You also can try to remove AChat completely (including all folders - save your chatlog and ignore-list before if you want to keep them) and re-install.

n301_AC2

« #9 : February 05, 2014, 04:59:58 AM »

Hello again Lover,

Thank you for all your useful suggestions.
It turns out that it was an issue with the internal wifi adapter. I'm using the HD version of AChat and the laptop specifications are sort of borderline for this edition of AChat so I think it was overheating too fast and the first thing that was sacrificed was the internal wifi adapter which automatically switched off.
I have now attached an external USB wifi adapter, leaving the internal one disabled, and it looks like the wifi connection when I use AChat is working comfortably. It is not an ideal solution but a decent workaround nonetheless :)
Fingers crossed I don't have any further wifi issues but if something goes wrong again I'll switch to the defaut AChat version and uninstall the HD version as you suggested as well.
If you any other comments or suggestions about this issue please let me know as well :)
Many thanks once again
Lover

« #10 : February 05, 2014, 05:13:17 AM »

Hello n301_AC2,
thanks for your info. I'm glad you could fix it, though its not a perfect way. Is there a way to get better cooling?

For the moment its great you can use AChat. If we get more infos, we will post here. Now have fun in AChat - and post in forum :)

n301_AC2

« #11 : February 07, 2014, 06:28:32 AM »

Thanks Lover  :)   

I'd like to ask one more thing if you don't mind with respect to the recommend hardware specs to run AChat comfortably.

Your suggestions and advice is always greatly appreciated ;)
: [1]  
« previous next »
: