*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Urgent: better chat needed
« previous next »
: [1]
: Urgent: better chat needed  ( 6847 )
Kaileen
: 32

« : March 31, 2010, 06:50:59 AM »

I've logged in 3 times (joined yesterday) and have now decided that I can not use AChat because of the terrible chat. The moment I log in I get bombarded with private messages from 5 to 8 people, and sex invites from 5 to 10 people. There is no way to quickly switch between private chats, so I must pretty much choose to ignore several of the people and focus on one person. Is this how it is supposed to be? I thought AChat would be a chat first and a sex application second, but I can not chat because of the massive amount of private messages being sent my way.

While I might log in now and then to see what's new in AChat I don't think I will use it for any significant amount of time because of the terrible chat. Furthermore, why not add chat groups while you're add it so you can join different rooms. That way I could chat to several people at once. Heck, while I'm requesting things, why not integrate AChat with IRC. That way I could use a standard IRC client for chatting, and if I fancy a shag I could log into AChat and look the person up.
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #1 : March 31, 2010, 09:14:56 AM »

I've felt this way too, though perhaps not as urgently since people do seem to understand one can get swamped, and one can send messages to the wrong person if you forget to change the name in the little box.

That said should they create all the rooms? Should they have a main room and we can create others? Should people be able to lock the rooms?

Or could there be a simple solution with say an option to block hails from strangers? (Only those on your friend list.)

In another thread it was suggested that one could block invites from one gender or the other, or hails from one gender or the other.

This seems an important idea, so let's state some specific requests.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Kaileen

« #2 : March 31, 2010, 09:32:45 AM »

Concrete suggestions:

Create 10 chat rooms. Show the rooms in a list and show how many people are currently in a room. People can then choose to join a chat room if they wish, or change to another if they don't like the current conversation. Try it and see where it goes, perhaps people like it as is, or maybe they will come with topic suggestions for different rooms.

Let every private message show up as a separate tab in the chat window. Make the chat window detachable so you can resize it and thus fit more text into it. Make it so you can change between different private chats by pressing the tab button.

Make the chat window customizable. Apart from making it detachable for resizing purposes I think you should be able to change the transparency of the background and the size of the text. That way you can select how readable you want your text to be (some may prefer small text on black background, others like a transparent background to see the rest of the application etc.)

Make it possible for a person to invite a number of friends from their relations list (friends, lovers, spouse, etc.) to a chat group. That should create an entirely new chat room separate from the 10 generic chat rooms already available. That way a group of people can isolate themselves from spammers and annoying people if they wish. I forsee people going to the generic chat rooms to make friends, and then going to a private chat room with a number of these friends later to continue a fun and entertaining discussion without interruptions.
Alissa
: 11

« #3 : March 31, 2010, 01:10:25 PM »

I'll have to agree - the msging system needs some work!

I type quickly but having to switch between users slows me down (not to mention annoys me!)  There are a few options that would make it easier.

-Make it so when you click a name (from chat box) that it switches auto that person. 
-Make it so you can type the person's name out to respond. (/tell person's name message)  It doesn't have to be /tell  or /t  - anything word or short hand would work. I think /t, /r have been used in online gaming the most.

I would also like it each conversation had it's own tabbed box.

On the popping up invites - I would like to suggest a way to turn that off or make it friend/lover only.  Most people don't care for "cold invites."  If you made an option in settings to turn it on - I'd be happy. 

Just my thoughts, thanks for reading!
Lover
: 10350

« #4 : April 03, 2010, 02:34:40 PM »

I agree the chat isnt the best. But usually I dont want to search for compilcated solutions. If you are in a room, the sender gest a message. Why not have a button "Busy". You can chat with a person and any other who starts a conversation AND a cold invite just reads "The user is busy".

And I would like to have a bigger chat window, maybe a popup? To see better what I am writing and maybe using emoticons.

Lover

Kaileen

« #5 : April 03, 2010, 03:32:04 PM »

I agree the chat isnt the best. But usually I dont want to search for compilcated solutions. If you are in a room, the sender gest a message. Why not have a button "Busy". You can chat with a person and any other who starts a conversation AND a cold invite just reads "The user is busy".

And I would like to have a bigger chat window, maybe a popup? To see better what I am writing and maybe using emoticons.

Lover

Well, I actually like chatting with several people at once. I type rather quickly so I can usually keep up with 6 conversations at once. What I hate is to move my hands from my keyboard just to switch who I'm talking to. Oh, and I hate tiny chat windows where I risk missing what people are writing me just because so many different people are writing. I also dislike answering the same questions over and over again which is why I'd love a group chat, not just private chats. A busy button doesn't solve the problems I am having with the chat, that's just like ignoring the problem hoping it'll go away...
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #6 : April 03, 2010, 05:00:31 PM »

The counterpoint dear would be that right now the chat window is small enough to not interfere with the animations.

Would a larger chat window be worth smaller avatars?

I honestly don't know, but picturing it in my head I start to see a noticeably larger  chat window obstructing the avatar view.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Kaileen

« #7 : April 08, 2010, 03:02:44 AM »

The counterpoint dear would be that right now the chat window is small enough to not interfere with the animations.

Would a larger chat window be worth smaller avatars?

I honestly don't know, but picturing it in my head I start to see a noticeably larger  chat window obstructing the avatar view.

If it's resizable you can use the larger chat window when you're not in a room, and make it smaller in a room when you only have one or two people to chat with anyways.
Lover
: 10350

« #8 : April 08, 2010, 11:38:09 AM »

AChat must not be in fullscreen. So just a button "chat in new window". You could have the server running and an own big chat window.

Lover

: [1]  
« previous next »
: