*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about sex
| |-+  Artist's Alley (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Editing cloth textures
« previous next »
: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46
: Editing cloth textures  ( 354038 )
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #180 : February 06, 2012, 07:05:16 AM »

Going to have to disagree a little bit.

I don't think real cash should come into it. Between taxation issues, and currency values, it would almost require AChat to hire on a accountant just for running those transactions.

I personally think not only will keeping it all in A$ cut down on the bookkeeping, but it will make it easier for the AChat Team to go with it. Making it real cash they would have to cut real checks (and deal with anonymity issues as well), but keeping it A$ they might have some people paying for their memberships with their designs, but that's trading the small profit of the person's membership and related expenses versus their cut of when everyone else buys the person's designs.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Keiko
: 316

Independent Fashion Designer

« #181 : February 06, 2012, 09:55:13 AM »

@Janine Correct me if I'm wrong, but AChat already pays  60% of premium membership fees (I assume that's what they mean by revenue) to "webmasters" or "affiliate sites" who refer new members to AChat through their websites. (http://www.funnyadultgamesplay.com/affiliates/) So the AChat team already has established a way to somehow share their profits with an outside entity via CCBill. If texture designers each had their own CCBill account, I assume that funds can be transferred electronically.

I think making real money for designers will attract more people perhaps with talents that far exceed our own to participate in creating fashion for AChat. You're rather limited when dealing with only A$, especially if there is nothing of interest you want to spend it on (assuming a member has all poses, outfits, etc.) I'd imagine most designers would still dump their earning back into AChat.

Perhaps an alternate option is AChat could give the designer an choice. For every $1 they could earn, they could instead receive A$1000 (I don't know the exact ratio but you understand my meaning I hope, lol)  :D

hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #182 : February 06, 2012, 10:04:59 AM »

I think making real money for designers will attract more people perhaps with talents that far exceed our own to participate in creating fashion for AChat. You're rather limited when dealing with only A$, especially if there is nothing of interest you want to spend it on (assuming a member has all poses, outfits, etc.) I'd imagine most designers would still dump their earning back into AChat.
or just attract some good designer not so interessed in the chat itself.....no way, better give us only A$.....

TightFit74
: 2415

« #183 : February 06, 2012, 11:08:33 AM »

If transactions would only be in a$, I do hope there will be a stream of new designers because noone will be motivated to do it for long. To clarify and for the sake of the example, I will keep it simple..

I am a designer, owning a subshop. I have about 50 items, selling at 100 a$ per ite. I keep 60% of my revenue. I seel 100 items per month. 100*100*0.6 = 6000 a$ per month.. per year that would be 72.000 a$.. I don't think that much money can ever be spent. What's the use of a wad of cash if everything here is to buy, I already have?

imo the only way this can work, is if the reward is expressed in real money.. And correct me if I am wrong, AChat isn't really a club of amatures working out of love for the program in their spare time. It's an organisation aimed at making money. So what is wrong if they would reward their affiliates/shopkeepers for the work they do?

If they take on a new designer and pay him a asalary (paid for by a$!), noone would complain but be happy that more diversity is offered. But members adding their design should do this for free? That's a crooked way of looking at it..
or just attract some good designer not so interessed in the chat itself.....no way, better give us only A$.....

*edited to add: in my haste to asnwer, i missed this one... my apologees Hentai...
« : February 06, 2012, 11:24:36 AM TightFit74 »

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
hentaiboy69

« #184 : February 06, 2012, 11:15:51 AM »

good point, tight.....i admit it. i think we have to wait some words from Tom or Susy.

anyway, you sell your works, but you can buy textures owned by other users.....so, probably, you never lern that amount of A$.
Plus, we a running into the risk to implement hookers, cause they can be after us for colletting money for the new clothes! man, till now i had only look at the good point of this tool......but now......
« : February 06, 2012, 11:20:03 AM hentaiboy69 »

Keiko

« #185 : February 06, 2012, 12:00:15 PM »

Well specifics on "how" the process of payment transactions between AChat and independent designers will work or the amount, I will leave in the capable hands of Tom and the rest of the team. Those terms should be disclosed in a more private setting considering how it's buisness rather than opinion.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, Hentai. Are you implying that hookers will turn to designing textures for money instead of sex? If they produce nice outfits, I consider that a good thing.  ;D

hentaiboy69

« #186 : February 06, 2012, 12:25:51 PM »

No.....i'm worried they gonna be more active (borying us!) for collect more A$ for buying new textures!

TightFit74
: 2415

« #187 : February 06, 2012, 01:28:16 PM »

I agree with Keiko, the specifics of any financial issues, should be done in a more private surroundings, though I don't think it is a bad thing to talk about it.

I don't think the market will be opened without restrictions at first. Or will open with a limited amount of designers. I think that is one of the major points for the team to discuss and decide on, besides the financial side of the whole idea. I am certain that the market will be opened, otherwise the whole exercise has been futile.

For me the question is how and who. Will AChat select the designers they allow to make usuable creations? Or will they just open the market for everyone and let the users decide which one will survive. Don't get me wrong, if this is implemented, expect economic rules to apply to it all. It's not 'liefde werk, oud papier', a dutch expresson for doing charity work. Will they create shops next to their own, or incoprporate the sold design in their own shop, marking them with the signature of the designer?

I am very curious how this will develope further..

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Keiko

« #188 : February 07, 2012, 12:52:06 AM »

This is the most detailed dress I worked on by far and is my absolute favorite! I present the Gothic Lolita. Inspired by the fashion in Harajuku, Japan, these dresses normally are layered with fabric adorned with lace, ribbons and bows. I would love to one day make a complete dress if AChat creates a full gown mesh for the model but, with what I had to work with, I am quite proud of how it turned out.  ;D
« : February 07, 2012, 01:42:34 AM Keiko »

hentaiboy69

« #189 : February 07, 2012, 02:19:16 AM »

Proud!? proud!? you are a goddess, Keiko! i bow at your feet till my face hit the ground!

bluedenim
: 3007

« #190 : February 07, 2012, 02:25:06 AM »

*like*

I love to be dominated, my mission is to serve .
medjai
: 415

« #191 : February 07, 2012, 07:03:26 AM »

Great job Keiko you're very talented
JohnnyCash
: 2

« #192 : February 07, 2012, 07:38:38 AM »

Hello, here's my attempt to make a Victoria's Secret push-up bra

http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265713660590&c=Page&cid=1265712181093&pagename=vsdWrapper

The main problem is that we have only one 3D model of bra, which is not very push-up :)

Anyways, here it is:

Janine Dee
: 2541

« #193 : February 07, 2012, 07:41:53 AM »

I had no idea of the affiliate option, so I guess there is a mechanism that could make it work.

On the other side of the coin though they could just make clothes free along with the tool to make them, and you have to be a premium to change outfits. There they encourage people to go premium without adding to their bookkeeping, though a sharing of profits seems more sound from a business standpoint.

But yeah, it's going to be something decided in a real room somewhere far from our opinions.  :P

And the Loli dress is wonderful.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
medjai
: 415

« #194 : February 07, 2012, 07:49:13 AM »

Welcome Johnny  ;)

Seems great!  I don't know if it's just me but your pic is cut I can see only part of it, but the little I can see it's very well done  :D
: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46  
« previous next »
: