*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Spoken languages
« previous next »
: [1]
: Spoken languages  ( 6417 )
Florent
: 137

« : May 16, 2010, 09:57:59 PM »

here's a little suggestion : the mention « race » in the presentation field is not very necessary. We are not blind : we can see to what race belongs the character, and with the new skin textures we don't even see black or white, but a number, which doesn't mean anything. So I thought it maybe could be good to replace that line by « spoken language »... Or something else, I just thow the idea, you tell me what you think... ;)
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #1 : May 17, 2010, 03:35:37 AM »

I have to agree. AChat has grown very well, and very quickly and is not showing signs of stopping. It has users from around the world, and that seems a useful development.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
sinnnn
: 1379

« #2 : May 17, 2010, 11:20:40 AM »

I think the reason why they have race suggestion is when you go into partner search you can pick preferenc.  I love all the colors of the rainbow but lets be honest not everybody is into interacial fun.  You have some ppl who find certain races attractive and others not so, so the Race suggestion does make it easir.  Oh there is one thing with the race that helps me, I actually be looking for a Bro(african race), its hard to find them because most of they pick the tan color and there was one Bro who picked the white texture.  But for them to move it  I agree because we have eyes, sense its a number maybe they can move it to the bottom corner and use the new empty space for your language idea  ;D
« : May 17, 2010, 11:24:16 AM sinnnn »
Florent

« #3 : May 17, 2010, 12:29:17 PM »

I think the reason why they have race suggestion is when you go into partner search you can pick preferenc.

Well with the numbers, it's not true anymore in fact. Try to look for yourself by typing Sinnnn in the name field and black for a colour, and it won't work, cos your « colour » is not black, but « 6 »... That's why I said that this race line is not useful anymore... ;)
sinnnn

« #4 : May 17, 2010, 02:38:07 PM »

well if you already know the persons name, there is no point in putting down their color.  an i don't use the name part in my search, everything else i use.  but like i said before the language idea is good. 
Florent

« #5 : May 17, 2010, 02:41:31 PM »

well if you already know the persons name, there is no point in putting down their color.

What I wanted to say, and i was taking your case as an exemple, is that when you type « black » for searching, you won't find the people that has a number instead of « black » or « white » in their race field... ! If somebody type « black », he won't find you !
Lover
: 10350

« #6 : May 18, 2010, 12:34:52 PM »

I agree Florent. It would be helpful to see the language(s) someone speaks. Maybe a solution: You can choose your colour as you do now. It will not be shown in your description. Instead of the colour you see the spoken languages (a new choice in your description). As the colour still is in the background, we are also able to search for it.

Lover

sinnnn

« #7 : May 18, 2010, 10:45:00 PM »

I agree with you sista, and I saw what you was talking bout.  You do have a good idea but Lover said it way better than I did.   ::)
TanyaTanya
: 18

« #8 : September 24, 2010, 04:27:49 AM »

Yes! A language option would be amazing. Everyone thinks I'm Eastern European and so I get lots of people trying to talk to me in Russian and stuff and it makes my chat box really confusing. Even more than normal. xx
Lover
: 10350

« #9 : September 24, 2010, 03:22:35 PM »

Unfortunately it has not been on their agenda up to now. At least you can write in anywhere in your description, but it's not the best solution.

TanyaTanya
: 18

« #10 : September 25, 2010, 03:06:02 AM »

I had 'fluent English speakers only' once and everyone wanted to try their English on me. I'm training to be an English teacher, I don't wanna do it in my free time too.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: