*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Organizations & Events
| |-+  Contests (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Achat 55 Word Writing Contest - Halloween 2020.
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3 4
: Achat 55 Word Writing Contest - Halloween 2020.  ( 15113 )
Vaughan
: 2808

Reborn by her Master like larva to a Butterfly...

« : October 18, 2020, 03:12:44 PM »

Achat 55 Word Writing Contest

THEME PROMPT:   Halloween.

This is a new contest and is a work in progress.
Any questions, please direct to Vaughan – Director- or JessiCapri – Co Director of competition.

This is a writing contest with a difference. 
You can write a short story or poem on the theme of the prompt. This one is Halloween.

1. It will be self financing. Gift 55Achat Dollars to take part but is none profit making. All this will be used to award a prize to the winner.  Initially first place will be the only prize awarded but if the contest proves popular, consideration will be given to second and third prize places.

2. Please "Friend" Saga55  in the game to find her easy and gift Saga55 the entry sponsorship.   Achat has been asked to sponsor the event but as of today’s date, there has been no response. We will keep you updated and probably extend the prizes to 1, 2 & 3rd places.

3. Your story or poem must be 55 words—no more, no less—titles are not included in the word count. Stories not meeting this rule will be disqualified. Send only stories or poems. Poetry with line breaks / spaces will not be considered. Hyphenated words count as one word.

4. Stories and or poems must be the author’s own work and must not be published elsewhere while this contest is running

5. Up to 3 submissions per person. Each will be considered a separate entry and will attract the entry sponsorship of 55 Achat Dollars each. Each writer can, however, only win one prize which will be the highest ranking story.
Any of their other stories that make the top 3 will not be counted and the next highest ranking story by a different author or poet will take up the position.
In other words, there will be 3 different writers that will receive a prize.
The winning stories will though, still be shown in the correct rankings and will include all stories that are awarded a prize.

6. You must be a member of Achat's forum to enter. Registration is free. PM your entry to Saga55 directly in Forum by midnight Eastern Standard Time the 30th October 2020. (5am GMT 31st Oct 20)  This is the only way to enter. No entries will be accepted on behalf of others.

7. The Stories will then be published anonymously by Saga55 in its own topic for voting and judging on 31 October 2020 – Halloween.

8. Contestants should not campaign for votes; spam; advertise or disclose to others their entry to the competition with a view to gain votes, nor should they attempt to bribe or curry favour with any judges. Any one found do be doing so will be disqualified from the competition. The competition is a writing contest not a popularity contest. It is a fair contest.

9. Judges should not advertise they are a judge in this contest nor use their position to gain any kind of advantage over contestants they may know or suspect, ie - no sexual favours, Achat dollars etc...  The judges should be fair, unbiased and judge on the writing not who writes the entry. It is a fair contest.

10. The voting will act as “The public Judge/Vote” and points awarded when voting closes.

11. Each contestant will be a judge and will be expected to put their story/poem preferences in a list. First will be the story or poem that is liked best then, in descending order to their least favourite. They cannot place their own entry but this will be awarded 40 points on receipt of their Judging List. Their list should be sent to Saga55, Vaughan and JessiCapri in PM.
If writers do not fulfil their obligation to provide a Judging list, their own story or stories will not receive their 40 points and will be disqualified from receiving a prize should they place in top 3. It would not be fair for their peers to award their story points, yet that same writer has not reciprocated.
The next highest ranking story will receive the prize instead.

12. There will also be secret Judges. If you are interested in becoming a Secret Judge in the 55 Contest, please PM Saga55, Vaughan or jessiCapri to show interest and instructions will be sent to you explaining what is expected and how to take part in judging the contest.

13. The winning story will be announced the first day of the following month along with a new prompt for the next contest. (This is dependent on interest) Saga55 will gift the winner(s) of the contest.

14. Titles are not included in the word count. Please title your short story or poem for publication.

15. By entering this contest the author agrees to abide by the competition rules and also the Terms of use for Achat’s Forum and the game. All rights revert to the author upon publication.

– Note: Be careful of word count. Hyphenated words count as one word.

– Suggestion: Think of the prompt metaphorically, rather than literally. Be original. Surprise us! Oh, and have fun!

- Depending on interest, this may be a one off contest, an occasional contest or a regular contest. It is very dependent on the response by the Achat community.

Tell your friends and we look forward to receiving, publishing and reading your stories and poems.

Vaughan & JessiCapri
« : November 29, 2020, 02:54:13 PM Vaughan »

Her kisses left something to be desired ... mmm ... the rest of her.
Saga55
: 136

Saga - Norse Goddess of Storytelling

« #1 : October 18, 2020, 03:14:44 PM »

A LIBRARY IS A HOSPITAL FOR  THE MIND.
JessiCapri
: 2178

« #2 : October 18, 2020, 03:29:59 PM »

Hey Everyone!!  We are so very excited about this contest and I am looking forward to reading the many stories showing how talented the AChat community is!!

I suggest anyone who wants to take part in the contest friends Saga55 in game.  This will help when distributing the prize!!  Note:  She will not accept lover, spouse or secret requests.

Good Luck everyone!!
« : October 18, 2020, 03:45:36 PM JessiCapri »

Kaitlyn1989
: 323

« #3 : October 19, 2020, 08:08:36 AM »

Hi V and Jess *hugz n kisses* both

As a lover of Halloween fun and a dabbler in writing,  count this KAT in... that 55 word limitation perfect for this rambler. Reining me in, saving me from myself.  ::)

I'll be making a deposit for two... as soon as i hit the ATM. OFC, I'll be dragging Andrea along with me into this wordsmithing foray.

Thanks for taking the time n making the effort to organize this. 
  ;D

Momma_andrea
: 9502

Lady of the twin moons©

« #4 : October 19, 2020, 08:52:32 AM »

I wasn't sure if I would, but I already wrote something.
Hell, I'm not sure if I got money. I will have to look.

Hmm, as I thought.  Hey Kait, loan me 55 bucks.
« : October 19, 2020, 08:57:28 AM Momma_andrea »

http://redandbrunettelesbian.tumblr.com
Vaughan

« #5 : October 19, 2020, 09:38:39 AM »

@ Andrea & Kait

Hey cool both.

We look forward to receiving you entries.  I can loan you the entry fee if you want, I can always pimp you out and get you to earn it back :P

We already have two entries and not mine or Jessies either so the competition has had the jump start it needed.

Everyone, Come on and have a punt, Tell your friends and have fun with it.   

Open for entries now till 30 Oct 20. The theme is Halloween.  You can enter up to 3 times.  Its 55 Achat Dollar each entry to help sponsor the event, gifted to Saga55

Come take part!   

We look forward to receiving, publishing and reading your stories and poems.

« : October 20, 2020, 07:53:53 AM Vaughan »

Soniaslut
: 851

I LICKED IT. SO IT'S MINE.

« #6 : October 19, 2020, 02:19:09 PM »

Huggs to V&J and all above.
This Pussyhound slams her paw down in support but can''t participate...gobby bitch can't even say Hello in 55 let alone submit an entry in so few.
My interest is piqued...this hound will wait and watch and lap up all offerings and if anyone wants to enter but lacks the necessary fee just hit me up. If you want to write I have you covered.

watching and waiting...tongue lolling and eyes peeled...

Vaughan

« #7 : October 19, 2020, 03:10:37 PM »

That's a very generous offer Sonia, thank you very much.

Those who don't want to write but who may be interested in becoming a Secret Judge, please PM Saga55, Vaughan or JessiCapri to indicate your interest and we will forward details on what is expected and what you have to do.

Thank you in anticipation.
« : October 20, 2020, 07:54:33 AM Vaughan »

Vaughan

« #8 : October 20, 2020, 12:41:51 PM »

We have had some people interested in becoming judges and we have had a couple of entry submissions.

We would love more to enter or volunteer to be a judge.

So please get your thinking caps on and write, write write.

55 words no more no less,   not including title ;   
Theme  Halloween,   
Story or poem;   
can enter up to 3 times  with a sponsor donation of 55 Achat Dollars giftd to Saga55 for each entry. 
Send Entry to Saga55 by Forum PM
Secret Judge volunteers to  PM Vaughan, Saga55 or Jessie Capri.

Open for entries now until Midnight 30 Oct 20 EST (5am 31 OCT  GMT)
Will be published in a separate topic on Halloween for members to enjoy.
Voting and judging will also open on Halloween - 31 Oct and close  29 NOV 20 at midnight (5AM 30 NOV 20)
Winners and prizes announced on 30 Nov 20

Good luck everyone.

Vaughan

« #9 : October 20, 2020, 02:32:21 PM »

Well we have had some great news and very generous sponsors including Achat &  Kaitlyn1989.

Special Thank You to Achat & Kait.   This means so much to a new contest.

Drum Roll ..........

Jessicapri & I are proud to anounce the prizes for this contest  Achat 55 Word Writing Contest 2020 - Halloween will be :

1st Prize   1,500 Achat Dollars
2nd Prize  1,000 Achat Dollars
3rd Prize     500 Achat Dollars

Vaughan

« #10 : October 21, 2020, 03:50:49 AM »

Here's a cool example.
55 words  -  Not including The Title.

Song of the Witches by William Shakespeare

Double, Double, toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.
Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the cauldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt and toe of frog,
Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg and owlet's wing,
A charm of powerful trouble,
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble

Vaughan

« #11 : October 21, 2020, 03:58:45 AM »

Another cool example.  55 words not including the title.

The Family Farm by By Doug Long.

Five generations of Burkhardts lived and died here. Their tombstones overlook the pond.
Mary and I (the new owners) are renovating the kitchen when three translucent figures appear.
"Welcome and keep up the good work," they chorus, before floating through the solid, stone wall.
Startled, Mary grips my arm. "And if we don’t?" she gasps.

Momma_andrea
: 9502

Lady of the twin moons©

« #12 : October 21, 2020, 07:54:58 AM »

Oo, Oo Oo, I have an example. This morning I discovered "Bellamione" ; the "Shipping" Of Bellatrix Lestrange and Hermione Granger from Harry Potter.
Age difference Lesbians, My favorite right? They have fanfic!  Anyway. Here it is. (with GIF to provide mood)  ;D
Yes, I wrote it.

She is sweet and young, ready to be defiled
A virgin sacrifice if there ever was one for the Dark Lord.
Never known a man, and by my troth she never would

I have killed him and taken the Dark Throne.
I only now need take her heart.

“Are you OK, Bella?”

“Just thinking, Love”

« : October 21, 2020, 07:57:20 AM Momma_andrea »

http://redandbrunettelesbian.tumblr.com
Saga55

« #13 : October 21, 2020, 02:35:33 PM »

@ Andrea...  thats another great example to help our potential entrants.  Nice post!!  Thank you!

So far we have received 7 (Seven) Entries with promises of more!

We are so EXCITED!!

There are 9 (Nine) days left to submit your brilliant creations to us. Dont be shy, give it a go!

Deadline is Midnight EST (5:00am GMT) on Friday the 30th of October.

« : October 21, 2020, 03:01:40 PM Saga55 »

Saga55

« #14 : October 23, 2020, 02:03:45 PM »

The Coundown has begun!! 

SEVEN Days left till the deadline:

Midnight Friday 30 Oct 20  EST (5am Sat 31 Oct 20)

So far we have 14 Stories submitted!!

YOU can do it too!!

« : October 23, 2020, 02:11:42 PM Saga55 »

: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
: