*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  New/merged profiles
« previous next »
: [1]
: New/merged profiles  ( 1828 )
apollo13nut
: 262

« : October 24, 2020, 04:03:51 AM »

I noticed there are now 2 different profiles: the one we fill out in character editor which shows up on both the website and in partner search, which most people refer to as the lobby. There is a different profile when in the city that shows your owned poses, locations, valuables, and when you joined, but doesn't show your tag line/bio, your age, or your orientation.

Why can't the 2 be merged into one mass profile that shows the same information in all 3 locations (lobby, city, website under members)
Tift
: 846

flecti non frangi

« #1 : October 24, 2020, 04:42:00 AM »

I agree with Apollo about the info showing in the cities
I dont care much about how many properties someone has
it has to be a simple thing to show a few words of profile
but more importantly I want to see an L above my name
instead of a W  and men should have a G if they want one

And one more lil thing ..  giving people likes; how about
giving don't likes or does that play into the hands of the
few malicious types around ?

Anyhow, count my vote for more relevant info.

Tift

Soniaslut
: 851

I LICKED IT. SO IT'S MINE.

« #2 : October 24, 2020, 08:12:05 AM »

I've bumped an old thread on this subject elsewhere in this forum, but just had to drop my agreement in here.

What purpose does it serve and, frankly, who cares (and if so, why???) how many poses someone owns, what locations they've purchased or how many friends they have?  Irrelevancies.
Surely what matters is the person behind the avi you're looking to engage with?
Wouldn't it be so much better to be able to see immediately that person's gender, age and orientation so that the humdrum, "Hi            How are you?                 What are you up to?                 Can I invite you?" and frankly embarrassing for all concerned twaddle is rendered unnecessary?

It would be a simple fix and would improve members' experience so much.

apollo13nut
: 262

« #3 : October 24, 2020, 11:00:42 AM »

What purpose does it serve and, frankly, who cares (and if so, why???)

For some reason, the admin staff....that's how the number next to your name in the city is calculated, and by extension, how you rank in partner search (lobby). Like my user level in the city is 853 (at time of writing), so if you use partner search and search only males, I consistently show first. I don't like the showing poses personally because what if a man or woman bought MM or FF poses and then decide it's not for them? Doesn't stop people from going "oh you're bi" or "oh you're gay" and they use owning same sex poses are their reasoning/proof
zuzannah
: 1379

« #4 : October 24, 2020, 11:47:04 AM »

There was a dislike button.

It was thankfully removed.

When it was first introduced it was hunting ground for the hateful colders.  Decline a cold, you got a dislike. It caused a bit of a stink and the Devs removed the option.  Unfortunately, they didn't remove both options.

As for making the profile section in the Meeting Places bigger so that you could add something else instead of your lobby banner and short info, Yes. I'm all for that.  But would people read them ?  Most people don't read them in the lobby.  The amount of people asking me over the years "Are you Dominant ?" when it says, in plain Bloody English on my short info. Passive.

So yeah, I would like to get removed the "I own all this stuff section and replace it with an editable space for us, please.  And for the letters to be changed above our heads to what Tift mentioned.  But what about us Gurls ?  A G or a T.  Hmmmm.  I'd prefer a G.   ::)

Oh just a little thing.  Most people didn't like getting a dislike, but there was someone here (Not mentioning any names, you know who you are  :P) aimed on getting as many dislikes as possible.  LOL
« : October 24, 2020, 11:52:04 AM zuzannah »

Kaitlyn1989
: 323

« #5 : October 24, 2020, 01:16:31 PM »

nods in agreement with Zuz

I remember those days... along with that individual on a mission to collect the most Dislikes  ;) and our own Forum crusade to abolish the Dislike feature. Fondly recalls NAT33. We did win a battle but not the war, the Dislike feature was repealed but the rest of its baggage remains.

No matter how many times this topic is bumped or a clone POPS UP... this KAT will POUNCE on it and renew her crusade against this tainted clutter.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: