*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Favorite Movies
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
: Favorite Movies  ( 49882 )
Bear
: 3856

« #30 : June 26, 2010, 02:11:14 PM »

Agree with you sinnnn,...
Horror has reached nothing more than intended shock value of gore with victims you actually root hoping for some bloody end.

That being said, horror spoofs make my day when I need a laugh:
Young Frankenstein,
Scary Movie,

my fav...Shaun of the Dead

sinnnn
: 1379

« #31 : June 26, 2010, 02:28:46 PM »

I loved  Shaun of the Dead.  That had me rotfl.  I like the star in that movie, he is a good actor. I like the spoofs that the Wayne bros. did, when they did Scream an I know what you did spoofs.  Funny.
mikki
: 124

« #32 : June 26, 2010, 02:29:47 PM »

Ahhh, Young Frankenstein, so funny. Is there anything better to make you laugh when your down than a Mel Brooks film.

Shaun Of The Dead, great movie for a laugh, but still manages a few scary moments as well
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #33 : June 26, 2010, 03:19:11 PM »

Mel Brooks can make me laugh, but rarely vary hard.

Shaun of the Dead, or another movie from the same guys Hot Fuzz will get me laughing much harder.

As far as the Wayans (sp?)  Brothers... I laughed quite hard at their White Chicks, but the spoof genre has been done to death... now it seems like every 4 months or so they just sit down with all the more successful movies, and vomit out those stories into yet another spoof. At this point it no longer feels so much like a spoof as it is trying to make money off someone's idea.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
sinnnn

« #34 : June 26, 2010, 03:31:36 PM »

I only like the Waynes the best, I was pissed off when they sold their rights to Scream spoof.  After that it just went down hill.  Now the Hero spoof was kinda funny. Oh an I loved Not Another Teen Movie.   ;D
bobbler

« #35 : June 26, 2010, 06:05:11 PM »

sorry Bouli, but...Watchmen?!?!?  OMG that had to be *THE* most boring super-hero movie I have ever watched, and I say that loosely because I don't think I watched more than 30 minutes of it.  All they did was *TALK*!!!

So let's see:
Jurassic Park...*loved* that movie
The Crow...try to watch it every Halloween
Halloween  ;)
Time Bandits
Dark City
Blade Runner
The Professional
Tomb Raiders
Underworlds...*love* Kate  :-*
Serendipity
most super-hero movies
sinnnn

« #36 : June 26, 2010, 06:16:44 PM »

OMG, you liked Serendipity!! I thought I was the only one.  Finally I am not alone in the world.  Time Bandits was the movie for me.
Loved True Romance, The Doors, Willow, Tombstone, The Ghost and the Darkness, Red Planet, and Real Genius. Dark Ciy was the movie, so was Blade Runner(directors cut i).
Janine Dee

« #37 : June 26, 2010, 06:39:55 PM »

Which Halloweens Bobbler? The originals? Rob Zombies? Or both? I must admit I haven't seen all of any of them.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

sinnnn

« #38 : June 26, 2010, 07:05:37 PM »

Halloween drove me insane, he walked and the still couldn't get away.  The second Halloween had confused the hell out of me back then, it had nothing to do with him.  Now Jason, another walker.  I rooted for the bad guys again. Nightmare on Elm Street(new one sucked to me) was a classic funny movie.  Now loved the Candyman, that did freak me out a little.  But my all time fav movie was The Evil Dead series, a chic got molested by a tree, that had me on the floor laughing.  I love Bruce Campbell and his movies.
Janine Dee

« #39 : June 26, 2010, 07:14:32 PM »

I discovered Bruce Campbell through his role as the King of Thieves on Xena, but I learned the Campbell love. To connect it to tv he's one of the reasons I wanted to give Burn Notice a try.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

bobbler

« #40 : June 26, 2010, 07:42:07 PM »

The first Halloween I liked the best...have it on DVD.  A few others I saw but don't recall.  Haven't seen any of the Rob Zombie version(s).

I don't normally like *chic flics* (love While You Were Sleeping...Sandy is the best!), but Serendipity was cute and besides, Kate was in it to make it even cuter  :)  The ending was perfect, at the skating rink, snowing, the glove falling through the snow.  I just liked the whole premise of the movie.  It was very clever.

And I forgot True Romance!  That was an *intense* movie, when she went crazy and started beating up the thug with the toilet tank top I believe. (i just found it in my collection. thanks sinnn. i'm going to watch it again next week)

But really peeps, if you haven't watched The Professional with Jean Reno and Natalie Portman in her first movie role, check it out.  GREAT movie!  And Gary Oldman was in it too.

Also:
Mimic...Mira Sorvino...yummy
Ice Age (first one)
The Incredibles
sinnnn

« #41 : June 26, 2010, 07:58:49 PM »

Mimic was good.  But the sequel, OMG I wish I never saw it.  Some sequels just should never have been done.

Momento was good.  The whole movie was wild.
Nightwatch with Ewan McGregor
Trainspooting was funny.
Mindhunter good thriller
Identity, loved it.
Moulin Rouge, mentioning it again.
Also love John Water's movies.
Boxing Helena
Bound with jennifer Tilly and Gina Gershon
Lover
: 10350

« #42 : June 27, 2010, 04:16:07 AM »

Talking about horror and the Saw movies I have to admit that Saw 6 is one of my favs. Funny and giving good examples ;) And the final scene of Saw 6 I can  watch again and again.

I like the idea of Saw; you don't have compassion with the victims, as they are assholes. But yes, now it's enough, though there will be part 7 in the cinemas in october (Germany) and they already speak about Saw 8.

sinnnn

« #43 : June 27, 2010, 04:28:35 AM »

Hostel.  That movie was insane.  There was no point except pure bloodshed.  Well maybe another point was never go to a Hostel and don't trust ppl when they tell you there is a Utopia of beautiful guys/dolls so go check it out.  This was one time I almost felt sorry for the victims. 
Janine Dee

« #44 : June 27, 2010, 05:00:34 AM »

What I think I loved the most about Saw 6 was how the player in the main game knew he would end up there. Every other time there is a sort of "Huh? Where am I? What's happening?" He knew, he knew where he was, and he knew why he was there, and I giggled at the idea because he KNEW he would play.

The 7&8 don't surprise me at all, because even dead several movies now, John's game isn't over.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  
« previous next »
: