*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Achat server needs attention/updating!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Achat server needs attention/updating!  ( 6243 )
caramelcups
: 37

« : September 18, 2010, 04:13:33 PM »

At peak times ie: evenings, i sometimes cant gain access on to Achat at all! other nights i gain access but when in rooms the scenes freeze! This is getting very frustrating! Many of my friends tell me they are suffering with the exact same issues. Achat love to blame the individuals internet connection, however all other internet sites are running fine. I believe the problem is Achat's server. Something needs to be done has members are paying for services that are not being fully provided.
scully
: 1

« #1 : September 18, 2010, 04:34:02 PM »

have to agree. server keeps dropping out in the evenings and find it very hard to log back in. defo needs an update, people pay there money for this service which is obviously becoming more popular and busier. more useres are suffering the same problems which should be addressed.
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #2 : September 18, 2010, 05:17:06 PM »

It is the kind of thing that can and should be addressed, BUT that's the internet. It's good to bring it up to them so they can see what they can do, but certain times and certain days will see more use. It's like traffic on a Friday night versus traffic at the exact same time on a Wednesday.

It's not just the net, it's life.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Adera
: 3047

« #3 : September 18, 2010, 07:17:35 PM »

I never have any poblems but my partners might have, but then almost all of Sweden is connected through fiber cables. :D

But I'm usualy sleeping when its evening in the US, might make it easier too.
Garryz
: 19

« #4 : September 18, 2010, 09:14:04 PM »

I have seen caramelcups cut off 3 times tonight, achat really needs to sort this out, whats annoying is on general chat you dont even know they have been cut off, so looks like your just beeing ignored.
Lover
: 10350

« #5 : September 19, 2010, 01:10:54 AM »

Like Janine said, this happens if many are using one page/programm at the same time. I'm sure the A-Team will work on it ( more servers, more bandwith) but this is also increasing the costs.

The last post (Garryz) I can't understand. It's no problem to say "I lost connection" and if you are talking to a friend you will know that you are not ignored. And you also can check, if you see the other one is offline, he/she probably lost connection.

Janine Dee

« #6 : September 19, 2010, 03:55:41 AM »

To be fair though Lover, three times in one night would have me complaining too.

My guess would be that the new chat function is making more system demands then they expected and it's having system wide effects. If that is the case then they will be needing hardware upgrades. Which could increase costs. (Though I'm hoping they've been preparing and have the money from the increases we've already underwent.)

The fact that Adera wasn't experiencing the problems were talking about seems to support the idea.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Janine Dee

« #7 : September 19, 2010, 04:22:01 PM »

That IS, or at least SHOULD be a major concern for them. People who are not happy with their service will go looking to their competitor... for the record though from what I've heard they are even worse with system performance.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Lover
: 10350

« #8 : September 20, 2010, 07:28:14 AM »

@ caramelcups: Did you close the running software and made a restart? I usually don't have any problems with AChat; but this morning I had some issues (at least it was my connection), but I almost have to close it after a problem with my connection to make it working again.

Though I agree with you all; if they recognize, their servers are overloaded they have to change it.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: