*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Snap, crackle, pop!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Snap, crackle, pop!  ( 8594 )
JennyT
: 37

« : December 12, 2010, 04:00:20 AM »

Is the sound my desktop just made when I plugged it back in after a storm.

Upset?  nah.  Annoyed slightly but it was nearly 4 years old and I was planning to replace it in the next few months.  Plus to it is I should be able to make an insurance claim.

So now i'm on the laptop, it's a little more out of date, running XP instead of Vista, and of course, no AChat.  :o  Gonna go fix that now.   :P
Adera
: 3047

« #1 : December 12, 2010, 08:56:42 AM »

You could buy one of those high voltage protection gadgets, they do just protect from spikes in the network but that can be enough sometimes.

Anyway I'm glad your not upset about it. :P
Bear
: 3856

« #2 : December 12, 2010, 11:55:31 AM »

Lap tops?
threw me off,...thought this might be how a back sounds in certain positions...at least mine does. ;D

JennyT
: 37

« #3 : December 12, 2010, 03:24:31 PM »

Oh I had surge protection, but they're never 100% guaranteed protection.  Plus it's an old machine and the power supply may have already been pretty dodgy.
Adera

« #4 : December 12, 2010, 05:08:18 PM »

Mmm your right about them not being perfect, well you've got a reason to get a new computer now. :P
sinnnn
: 1379

« #5 : December 13, 2010, 12:00:01 AM »

Might have to invest big, my lap top it 3yrs old.  Soon to have her 4th bday and she has been up to date in everything.  I had sony viao(lasted 3yrs battery life sucked) and Toshiba(the battery sucked and replacement battery sucked even worst) and that didn't last 2yrs, crashed and burnd.  Now HP, hmmm I love HP(battery life, great.  warrenty even greater, and have yet to have a major problem that would cause me to use my warrenty.)  So when you decide to get a new one, shop around.
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #6 : December 13, 2010, 04:27:08 AM »

I'll add to the HP love. I've owned two HP pcs (one I'm on right now) and one HP lap top. I still own the lap top, but don't have much cause to use it, but the two I still have are both working fine, and the third ended up getting sold to someone who didn't need the same tech specs I wanted when it started to become noticeably out of date.

HPs are nothing if not resilient.
« : December 13, 2010, 04:28:48 AM Janine Dee »

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Adera

« #7 : December 13, 2010, 08:35:34 AM »

I don't really see the point in a big computer investment, its better to buy something reasonable and replace it earlier than hanging on to an expensive computer.
Lover
: 10350

« #8 : December 13, 2010, 10:10:22 AM »

Something similar happened to me in March this year. I was in AChat when I noticed the battery of my laptop is very low. I plugged in and - nothing! No power. After several tries I knew the battery has crushed. Stupid! You know your laptop is shutting down and you can't do anything, but say "bye" to your girl >:(

sinnnn

« #9 : December 13, 2010, 11:15:42 AM »

The point of investing in a good computer is that it won't break down and you don't have to keep replacing it(which evenually will add up to what you invested in a good computer anyway) or having to keep taking it to someone to get fixed.  Almost 4yrs with this baby and had never had to get it fixed.  The only money I spent on my Hp is buying external hard drives and thats it, up dating my warranty and my security. 
Trekmanalpha
: 114

Fortune Favors the Bold...

MSN Messenger - trekmanalpha@hotmail.com
« #10 : December 13, 2010, 05:49:35 PM »

Personally, I build my own PCs. I have rarely had problems, and when I do, its simple like a PSU, or DVD drive failing. After 7 years, my old MoBo died, but the new one is beast!

Looking...

Where are all the wonderful, romantic, loving, caring, dedicated, loyal, sensual, vocal, long hair'd, well dressed, beautiful, sexy women at?

Cause It'd be an honor to have you on my arm... forever.
sinnnn

« #11 : December 13, 2010, 08:04:12 PM »

sweet but not all of us are blessed with your trekkie computer knowledge.  If I could build my owns I would.  My girl does that and I just use the hell out of her for info on how to fix this or that, and I hook her up with whatever she needs.   Ahhh friendhship, its a beautiful thing.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: