*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  ATTENTION! AChat set off Avast.
« previous next »
: [1]
: ATTENTION! AChat set off Avast.  ( 3545 )
Janine Dee
: 2541

« : December 16, 2010, 01:51:39 AM »

It got flagged and moved to the virus vault when I first started up my machine. I rebooted and nothing else popped up. I was able to log into AChat, buy the chaps and the foreplay and give both a try so I don't think I'm having any problems yet, but then again the file was Uninstall Achat.lnk so if there were to be any problems it would probably come up if I decided to uninstall.

I will update here if I discover more.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Janine Dee

« #1 : December 16, 2010, 03:45:50 AM »

I ran a full scan and got another file from the exact same day (5-05). I'm fairly certain that was the day I uninstalled and reinstalled, and since it's been there over seven months now without setting off a scanner or doing anything noticeably malicious I'm thinking some update to AChat, Avast or both is adding up to a false positive.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

tom
Administrator
: 336

« #2 : December 19, 2010, 02:05:27 PM »

We have checked, Avast says nothing about our running version.
(we use Avast, McAfee, AWG, Kaspersky, Norton, NOD32, neither of them says anything)
Regards,
tom
Janine Dee

« #3 : December 19, 2010, 06:22:24 PM »

It hasn't said anything since. just those moments I posted. I don't know what else to say on that, but I've been running fine both AChat and normal PC so I'm not sweating it either.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

: [1]  
« previous next »
: