*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  New User Interface
« previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
: do you like it?
yes   -17 (53.1%)
no   -2 (6.3%)
yes and no   -13 (40.6%)
: 29

: New User Interface  ( 41341 )
AZNLoverV
: 97

« #45 : June 17, 2010, 05:39:20 AM »

Billy you don't need approval to post a how to guide.
In fact things would never get done if you had to await 'official approval' before posting ideas.
These forums are as much for feedback as anything else.

Back to the gui discussion.  I would like to see the option to 'timestamp' the chat.
That way if I've been AFK I can tell that the message I missed was only 15 minutes ago or as it 3 hours ago??
Etc.

Also, if you have the achat in sleep mode, I want it to flash and warn me when I receive a message while it was minimized so I can click on it and read.  If this has already been implemented let me know, but I haven't noticed it.  Maybe it needs to be more obvious, like pop up a dialog box?
bouli

« #46 : June 17, 2010, 07:01:43 AM »

The Achat icon does blink in the tray for a couple of seconds when you receive a message, but that's really easy to miss. It also blinks the entire duration of an invite as you receive one. Personally I'd like the option to enable sounds for both as well, but I realize this would need to be off by default for the women in here. ;)
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #47 : June 17, 2010, 09:05:32 AM »

Okay, laughing quite hard at that... yes bouli if every invite made a sound... I can't even cringe I'm too busy laughing. As it is I'm so used to clicking "Decline" I've actually had to have girlfriends send a second one a few times because I automatically clicked that box.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Jazelle
: 13

« #48 : June 17, 2010, 10:03:52 AM »

Ok my last word on the new interface! i see some changes online/offline is better and i am getting used to it so i am not quite so opposed to it as i was at first! but the chat needs fixing needs to be bigger and the colour of the names needs to be changed to be more readable, all in all i am happy with it, i do personally find it slower? but that could be just my machine not able to handle the slicker graphics!

Finally i will make one last comment i am about to have a rant on a new topic but none the less i think everyone should read it because although only new here i have loved the experience and hope that it will continue!

AZNLoverV
: 97

« #49 : June 17, 2010, 10:06:06 AM »

As it is I'm so used to clicking "Decline" I've actually had to have girlfriends send a second one a few times because I automatically clicked that box.

Sounds like a successful Pavlovian experiment!  Condition a person enough times with negative stimuli and their reaction to avoid the stimuli becomes predictable!  
Extending that logic, if we had Achat administrate an electrical shock every time a user issued a cold invite, over time this problem would go away!  Get working on it Ateam!
OR we could just implement that cold invite button I suggested but the electric shock sounds more fun!  :D
« : June 17, 2010, 10:09:00 AM AZNLoverV »
sinnnn
: 1379

« #50 : June 17, 2010, 11:15:14 AM »

I don't click decline that much.  I just let the time run out an if they can't figure that out, thats when I hit the decline button.  I'll admit I will decline the ones that beg, before I put them on my ignore list when they refuse to accept that decline. 

I know this is evil and wrg to say this but a FUCK OFF button would make me feel so good.  Some ppl just don't get it when you don't answer their stupid, insulting come ons.  I would love the electric shock treatment but you'll have perv rights activist chasing us down.  It would be fun, buzzzzzzz. ;D

Anyhoo, getting used to the new interface.  Have to remember they are on the left now.  I like the new backgrounds, kind of game date showy backgrounds.  Now all they need is to add some really hot backgrounds for the rooms, an then I'll say I like the new interface.
mikki
: 124

« #51 : June 17, 2010, 11:54:18 AM »

I'm getting used to it. That does not mean I like it. Like sinnnn, I don't bother to click decline, just let it expire, three invites in a r row back to back, and they get ignored, two if they are sending belligerent, rude messages at the same time. If this is cruel, or mean then I guess I am the Queen of mean. I will simply not acknowledge 99 of 100 cold invites. The 1 in 100 I do is my very special friend asking me to play, and he does not require permission to invite me, He has permanent standing permission. You know who you are baby. Seems were going to be stuck with it, whether we want it or not, so have resigned myself to using it..
Janine Dee

« #52 : June 17, 2010, 12:05:00 PM »

I've said it before, it takes a lot for me to Ignore. Which is why I will use decline first because I'm not interested... it's sort of my "No thank you." Yes, I know that most won't get that, and wouldn't care even if they did, but it's one of the reasons I CAN feel I'm better then them, I don't cold invite, and I know how to take a hint.

But even I would like the "FUCK OFF" button from those who keep with the lame come ons, and repeat invites.

Mostly I feel sorry for the straight girls who don't really have any other option, and the guys who suffer the guilt by association.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

bouli

« #53 : June 17, 2010, 04:57:12 PM »

Along with the new position we got a small update on the availability statuses. Now names have coloured backgrounds like before.
Not exactly what I had in mind, but a big help.

Thank you for listening and making a quick solution, guys.
bobbler

« #54 : June 17, 2010, 05:23:54 PM »

for those of you that may not know this, your ignore list gets wiped out if you uninstall and then reinstall the AChat program.
bobbler

« #55 : June 17, 2010, 05:29:07 PM »

After taking 4 pictures or so (and saving) my picture on the member pages finally changed to a new one. On my own profile page it's still the old one, but maybe that changes later?
i think it's something that happens automatically internally Carli. i  have no idea how it works though.
bobbler

« #56 : June 17, 2010, 05:30:18 PM »

@ Billy:

yes i noticed your new avatar pic. it is quite erotic i must say  ;)
Janine Dee

« #57 : June 18, 2010, 12:48:07 AM »

That explains some of it Bob, but I can't remember blocking 8 since I had to do the reinstall... the one thing they had to store locally...  ???

Thank you though that is something to keep in mind if I have to do another uninstall/reinstall.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Carli
: 116

« #58 : June 18, 2010, 01:19:51 AM »

@bobbler: indeed, all pictures were updated within a day or so. But why the first one or two I took didn't arrive is still a mistery to me. Maybe the update/save didn't succeed? It used to give a message about that somewhere on your screen, but I think they removed that with the new interface.
Billy
: 59

« #59 : June 18, 2010, 07:24:30 AM »

@ Billy:

yes i noticed your new avatar pic. it is quite erotic i must say  ;)

Hehe, thanks mate but i allready change the pic.. Put a regular one.. :)

I will make the guide as soon as i can and i will post it in a new topic...;)
cheers..
: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
: