*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  New User Interface
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
: do you like it?
yes   -17 (53.1%)
no   -2 (6.3%)
yes and no   -13 (40.6%)
: 29

: New User Interface  ( 41349 )
bobbler

« #30 : June 16, 2010, 03:00:11 PM »

Another thing I noticed: the program doesn't keep the background I choose. After restarting it's not the same as before.
works fine for me  ;)
bobbler

« #31 : June 16, 2010, 03:31:02 PM »

It was much easier to find online people the old way. 

If you have suggestion to improve this feature (except that retrieving the old version) please tell us!

tom
OK I got it!

Make the area that shows the search results bigger by dragging it to the left so that it fills half the screen by making it touch the right edge of the chat box...in addition to moving the "show myself" button where I suggested earlier.  By making the search area bigger, it will allow you to make the 9 search result boxes bigger.  Now move the "ignore list" button to the top next to the relations button.  So now the only 2 buttons you would need to fit under the search area with the 9 boxes would be the "new search" and "ignore selected" buttons.  Also by making that area bigger, the "chat, invite and group sex" buttons would be able to be placed on one line, allowing bigger pics in the person's picture box and also bigger online status dots and blue premium stars within that box.  And yes, a colored border around each box when you click it as people have suggested would also make it easier to see the person's online status, in addition to the red, green or yellow dots.

Got it?   ;)

One other thing.  When you click the box and the person's big pic shows up on the screen, the blue star should be shown somewhere there also if the person is a premium member.
IXLUKCOM
: 19

« #32 : June 16, 2010, 03:46:05 PM »

Firsly its nice to see that updates are occuring.  However it seems a bit slower to load, but thats about it.  Its much nicer looking and useable, but there are things missing which I would of thought were obvious that needed adding... such as a website button, to save you moving away from your searches/ contacts, and you STILL have to log out and back in to get changes to your account... IE purchases...

IXL

Im a decent honest chap, looking for fun.
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #33 : June 16, 2010, 05:19:44 PM »

Is it just me or does everything seem smoother and faster with the new interface? I don't mean individual use, but I felt I was seeing less lag, BUT I could have just been logged on at ideal spots.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
bobbler

« #34 : June 16, 2010, 06:07:00 PM »

so far it seems that way to me too, Janine
Janine Dee

« #35 : June 16, 2010, 06:14:15 PM »

VERY BIG PROBLEM!!!!!

My Ignore list is currently at 8 people. I know this because I can see 8 and can't scroll.

I LEARNED this because the JACKASS I use as an example of what NOT to do on AChat managed to message me. I don't know if he remembered/recognized (showed no outward sign), but NOT cool!

This is the first time I've really complained guys, but I don't use the ignore list often. So when someone makes it on there I would like to know they won't leave until I say so.

Add: Then some guy demanded his way onto my ignore list, and now it scrolls to 9.

« : June 16, 2010, 06:20:11 PM Janine Dee »

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

bobbler

« #36 : June 16, 2010, 07:48:35 PM »

my ignore list was not affected at all  ;)
sinnnn
: 1379

« #37 : June 16, 2010, 08:57:49 PM »

Mines was, my stalker caught up with me.  Big sigh, I had to add him again.  Soooo annoying. :P :-\
Janine Dee

« #38 : June 16, 2010, 09:05:06 PM »

It's kind of like a digital restraining order.

This was like hearing. "Um, we lost the paperwork."

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

mikki
: 124

« #39 : June 16, 2010, 09:37:20 PM »

Mine seems to be OK, but I didn't have too many people on it, and I can just add them again if they show up. I hope they fix it for you girls.
Janine Dee

« #40 : June 16, 2010, 09:45:28 PM »

Actually if I were to wager the information is simply lost and we'll have to rebuild the old fashioned way.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

mikki
: 124

« #41 : June 17, 2010, 12:06:04 AM »

Most likely you are right. I wish you the best of luck getting everyone blocked again.
Carli
: 116

« #42 : June 17, 2010, 02:52:39 AM »

My ignore list seems to be intact, but the alphabetical order it used to be in is now screwed up. I get 20% of the list from A to Z, then again the other 80% from A to Z. Maybe Janine's 80% part got lost somehow.
Carli
: 116

« #43 : June 17, 2010, 03:01:45 AM »

After taking 4 pictures or so (and saving) my picture on the member pages finally changed to a new one. On my own profile page it's still the old one, but maybe that changes later?
Billy
: 59

« #44 : June 17, 2010, 05:08:27 AM »

The new interface is much better than the older i can say... Just need a little time to get use with it..:) Great work guys..:))

I want to say something about pictures... I have find a way to change the avatar picture, i did it with my own character and worked..
I had many questions from other members, how i did that...
I can make a how to guide here, but first i want the approval of the owners..;)

Let me know for that, thanks in advance..:) 
: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
: