*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about sex
| |-+  Erotic Stories (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  A tale of erotic fantasy OOC
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23
: A tale of erotic fantasy OOC  ( 164055 )
Adera
: 3047

« #30 : March 19, 2011, 06:45:27 PM »

Phew there, now I've posted. Probably wrote a lot of things wrong.

I've got lots of ideas about what I will do at first when I enter the city, lots of impressions and things to learn.

Do they have gladiator games in the city? I guess they could hold competitions between nobles and mighty houses/factions in various war games where heftily payed soldiers and mercenaries put their lives at stake for politics, entertainment, money and glory.
Bear
: 3856

« #31 : March 19, 2011, 07:12:41 PM »

Well feudal competition often was a chance for displays of swordcraft. So a form of such wouldn't necessarily unusual. A gladiatorial competition? That could be an interesting twist... an interesting potential dilemma with such a chaotic creature as Adera's in the city if animals are used in the games.

As to the Lycan,. my first thoughts were the issue the local authorities had tried to keep such under wrap. An eyewitness exists, ...that issue bound to  now to run in rumors. I can't see my character to have been very secretive about his actions in the beginning. Not blatantly open, but bound to have been seen  through the months in his cursed form. His drifting, perhaps enough to warrant a legendary tags of his own, Silvermane,... (for the streak of silver on him),..Talon.. in those days the traveling troubadours likely to put their own spin to tales. How such effects your story I leave to you. I see it as a further crisis to his own dealings in the city the longer he lingers  there as his tale unwinds,.

I do see the town as more, open minded rather in a constant overall state of debauchery. The festival itself may have further influences..

Janine Dee
: 2541

« #32 : March 19, 2011, 08:24:27 PM »

Okay, so like the jousts, archery contests, wrestling? I dunno about gladiatorial though, just my opinion, but gladiatorial contests were heavy on the bloodshed. The feeling I'm having for this city is that contests of skill are one thing, but spilling blood and ending at least some lives for the amusement of the populace... I'm not seeing it.

At least not yet, but as long as no one says it doesn't exist it can when someone wants it to.  :)

So Bear. There's your shapechanger AND a lycan? Do you think people would be able to tell them apart? Or would it be a case of mistaken identity waiting to happen?

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
TightFit74
: 2415

« #33 : March 20, 2011, 12:56:18 AM »

War games = tournaments.
  During the weeks of festivities, a range of tournaments are scheduled for the men to prove their masculinity. Besides knife-throwing, bow-shooting and horsemanship tournaments, 2 special events need to be named. First of all there is the initiation wrestling tournament. Boys that are ready to enter manhood, have been secluded for several weeks, training on a bare mountaintop to prepare for the wrestling matches in the city. The lucky boy who will be declared the winner, will have his choice of girls to become a man in bed as well. But any boy that makes an impression by spirit or posture will sure be a man before the end of the festival. Girls ever present at the matches, looking for a future husband or lover.

The second event worth mentioning, Ludus Vitae (game of life), is a teamsport. 2 teams of 5 men playing on a diamond-shaped field. Goals in the form of eagle’s nests standing on poles at the far ends of  the field, a skull the object to score with. In the olden days, the skull used to be the head of the finalist of the year before, as the losing team was killed after the match. In this enlightened city state, a real skull is replaced by a wooden skull and the team that loses gets a ceremonial punishment. A single lash with a flexible stick to the soles of the feet. The winners are rewarded by the Prefect himself. A pouch full of gold coins, free room and board in the whole city during the remainder of the festival, and ofcourse honor and fame for the members of the winning team. Though it is a brutal game, many contesters needing medical attention, the game is loved because there are also nobility teams. A chance to see villagers take on the prince’s and heirs of the kingdom, all equal on the field. Girls offering themselves, exposing their bodies during games. Sometimes ordered to get one team out of focus, sometimes because the heat of the moment takes them under control.

Though most tournaments have a civil character, evolved during the ages from bloody executions of prisoners, to a pure display of skill, Ludus Vitae still demanding casualties. As there are no rules about the physical encounter between men, often broken bones, cuts and tears are the result of an intense clash. Though seldom, fatalities have been reported each year. The reward too high, sparking competative natures, occasionally leading to a clash of bodies where one man does not rise to his feet again.

As there are many teams that want the opportunity to play against the noble teams, pre-qualifying tournaments are held before the festival even starts. On the first night of the official opening of the festival, the first match is played. The winner of the year before against its challenger. All throughout the festival, each night matches are played, the final scheduled in the middle of the festival.
(The game inspired on the game Ja’La dh Jin, found in the books of Terry Goodkind)

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Janine Dee

« #34 : March 20, 2011, 10:01:39 AM »

Okay, I can follow you there. It's one thing for thing to get out of hand. With a gladiatorial type of contest at least some death is sort of in the programming, but accidents happening.

As a note we will want to keep in mind, this is also a magical world where healing magic is available. In my story I mention the attack on the observer would have left the man crippled if it weren't for mystic healing. So the games would doubtlessly have healers on hand. it wouldn't' stop EVERYTHING, but it would be a definite factor.

Especially if your ranger is there to assassinate someone. With magic able to heal it would be a factor. I'll admit I'm using my geek girl D&D experience and that even has spells to raise the dead, though they are rare and expensive

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Adera
: 3047

« #35 : March 20, 2011, 10:36:57 AM »

From what I've seen in movies and read in books raising the dead doesn't really work if you really want  a person back alive, the ones that have died tend to be a bit strange after the experience of dying. I do however agree that there probably are quite potent healing magic available though the best kind is probably reserved for those that can afford having such magic.

On the assassination note of that I would guess the assassins are taught to take healing magic into consideration and make sure the target is truly dead, they are probably quite prepared against a lot of hindering magic so they can fulfill their task. Hmm the best assassins are probably even prepared for necromancy so they wont even show themselves to their target... if that's part of their objective, it might be a bit bothersome having someone investigating things afterwards if they're raising the dead to ask questions.

Are the tournaments only for men or is it just very rare for any women to enter? I was wondering if a physically able woman like Janine's character can enter into it? The initiation tournaments can of course be exclusively male but then that tournament seems more like a festivity rather than a tournament with a big prize like what the swordsmanship tournament might have. It would be quite fun to somehow end up the position where I would be betting on someone. :P
Bear

« #36 : March 20, 2011, 10:56:40 AM »

@Janine I think one has to consider the nature of this shapeshifter character and realize his limitation. Remembering he was a recluse, his contact in the crowded societies limited to the recent years.  To answer your question I see his lcyan form with a distinctive markings, the pronounced silver streak in the mane,.. the chest wound of the hell hound, such wounds created and occurring by the supernatural  beings on his lycan form, healing but marring his features. So yes, an acute observer could make that distinction. 

Who pays such close attention to the details when locked in absolute fear?

He has killed what he thought to be the creature responsible..., is it the only one?..., In my tale the answer would be no. Borrowing a bit from Supernatural series... as sideline issues in his quest of revenge as this tale weaves forward.

I think that prior observations of him, that the killings stopped, and his sightings in other towns where killings occur would link him more as a culprit then hero. "Silvermane" would be that tale you teach your kids to scare the crap out of them when you want them to stay indoors at night.

Reanimation of the dead always intriguing,... really depends on how deep a story and world you wish to create here, or keep it in the general loose framework of D & D. The reality of war games to the death, reserved for settling the extreme conflicts in lieu of absolute war. To waste your best warriors otherwise on trivial issues is a mark of a more barbaric society, I have a hard time seeing this city as such.  Certainly personal stakes could be raised.

Janine Dee

« #37 : March 20, 2011, 12:01:34 PM »

In D&D the raising of the dead has two forms. One is more like the Biblical Lazarus, and that is done by a Cleric, a caster of divine magic. There is also the arcane necromancy which returns a semblance of life, and yes disguising ones features would be a definite concern just in the case of communing with the dead.

A solution that was in one of my gaming books had little metal hooks that would be inserted in vital organs after the person was killed so if they WERE brought back the hooks were there unless someone thought to check and remove them, and the person would die all over again.

Another out is the magic tended to need at least part of the body, unless REALLY powerful magic was available then disintegrating the remains would be sufficient.

In all cases lower level divine is just healing, and necromancy was just animating zombies and skeletons. The true raising of the dead or the animation of intelligent undead is the realm of the most powerful of magics.

Again, this is all just D&D, but it's been around forever so it's not a bad basis.

For Silvermane... it's sounding like you are looking to be the misunderstood hero.  ;) Which is very cool. I don't know if our stories will meet, but I wouldn't mind that, and I needed to know how you wanted to approach it.

For the contests, as I note above healing magic is fairly available, and I see them as a sort of paramedic. Minor injuries would probably just get treated with traditional medicine, but a cleric would probably be on hand at the gaming grounds so if someone needed emergency treatment.

For the participants... they would be expecting males, BUT I don't see them say calling out the guard to keep a woman from participating.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Bear

« #38 : March 20, 2011, 12:43:30 PM »

Hmm I have seen at least 3 lycan in the thread of my story, 2 crucial as to his story..., the theme of the anti-hero definite at work here, but I think it doesn't intensify until the coming of the full moon when he again becomes locked into his cursed form. No doubt with so many warriors mercenaries the bounty placed on him would be a natural diversion of mention in any other thread. I see the nature of the demon to be quite attracted to this city, and the full moon coinciding with the solstice, the natural decadence and a ritualistic orgy,...but for now unlocking the mind of Xegis is his principle task

Note, perhaps not made clear, but my character  is in his lycan form 24/7  for 3 days, under the moons influence no matter if it is in the sky of not. A countdown  might be needed here, ...with a 28 day cycle,.. the next moon,... 23 days away...or is that too far of a spread?

TightFit74

« #39 : March 20, 2011, 12:44:33 PM »

Since I never played D&D, I have my references from the many fantasy books I have read, and from Diablo, I and II. The terminology from D&D familiar, the exact effect it has on the characters yet to be discovered.

The Ranger is trained to kill, not to inflict wounds or mere injury. Though a certain specific mission could order him to wound instead. Yet healing, magical or otherwise, suggests the victim is still alive. The Ranger will strike only if he is convinced of succes.His techniques skliled enough to take a life instantly. He will wait for the right opportunity, for as long as needed to perform the task that was put on him to perform. A relentless drive, his full devotion to the Brotherhood ensure him completing his quest or die in the proces of doing so.

Though it is uncommon to see a woman wearing warrior clothing, let alone seeing a female veteran, there is no rule excluding women from tournaments. Especially in archery and knife throwing, women have entered comeptitions and some have been victorious. If Janine would like to enter a swordsman tournament, she'd have to prove her ability. Preventable bloodshed unwanted. But this rule goes for men as well, except soldiers from the city's army. Their enlistment proof enough for being well-trained.

As a stranger to the city, the Ranger will find himself in difficulties. conflicting interests threatening to throw him of his quest. In the secluded monastery, he has not been in contact with many women, only servants in the castle where his vow of celibacy is strictly enforced. Yet, in this frivolous. sexually free city, he encounters women that will control his mind unconsciously. No matter how rigorous his training was, it could not prepare him for the debauchery displayed by some females. It will throw him off balance, his biggest struggle soon to be revealed..

As for resurrecting the dead.. I can see someone being resurrect to perform a certain task or be under someone's control. Not just simply brought back from the dead, to live in a prosperous life. The whole concept of an assasin would be non-existing. Yet, if it were possible to bring someone back, there will be ways of permanently ending someone's life or life a cursed life after being brought back.

Event though I hope more will join us, this is already a huge treat to me.. thanks all for posting your chilling, mesmorising, wonderful stories :D

Janine Dee

« #40 : March 20, 2011, 01:35:19 PM »

And not everyone has played D&D, I'm just using it as a frame of reference... heck I even bought the "Book of Erotic Fantasy" supplement.  ;D

The idea is basically that the more grievous the injury the harder it is to heal. Death being REALLY injured.  :P Assassins still have a great deal of use, but they either are going after targets that won't have access to those mighty resurrecting magics, or they take steps like disintegrating the body. There is even similar mighty spells that can bind the persons spirit so they can't be brought back.

I'm not saying an assassin has no place, but since we have magic he's going to have to factor that in.

For Silvermane... it's your tale Bear. If anything I could see you keeping a close track of the days. So it certainly fits into the story.

Should we have the festival culminating at that point?

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

TightFit74

« #41 : March 20, 2011, 02:14:24 PM »

The fact that theRanger is sent off without any magical skills, and since he does not know yet what his quest will be, it might be a plot twister once he finds out he has been sent on a mission inlike fulfilled. The son of the prefect definately has the necessary magcial powers at his bidding when he needs them.
Knowing magic in different forms in fantasy books, they are usually not as practical as healing spells in Diablo, and I assume in D&D as well. I have learned and hopefully incorporate it in my story the right way.. A learning proces as this is new to me :)

Janine Dee

« #42 : March 20, 2011, 02:47:13 PM »

Hey, part of the fun with this is everyone getting to contribute. It's a literary gumbo.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Bear

« #43 : March 20, 2011, 04:09:55 PM »

I am not certain why the Mircale Max quote tickles me here

Miracle Max: See, there's a big difference between mostly dead, and all dead. Now, mostly dead: he's slightly alive. All dead: well, with all dead, there's usually only one thing that you can do.
    Inigo: What's that?
    Miracle Max: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

play with death how you like...

islandsun
: 1597

« #44 : March 20, 2011, 05:22:37 PM »

Had a chance to do some reserch  :o hahahaha I picked being a wicca ! lol and they burned them at the stake then ! so how you like your thigh done !   heheheh !  poor joan of ark !    .............. A women were possesions  ................  they had to Obey thier husbands........ hate that word ! Wives  then use to be beaten into submission ........ GULP ..........But then again , I  Secure my life w  trade ...... with my healing potions !  hmm they had riding stables then too !  hohohoh YA ! ;D
: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23  
« previous next »
: